Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scaling ring work for Bigger Guys

Jacob Markarian

Jacob Markarian

Hello, 

I am a 6’4, 225lb man. As such, even the first step of the Rings Skill- False Grip Body Hold  (A1), triggered minor biceps pain along the entire length of my biceps. Is there a way I can make scale this movement back so I can ease my joints and muscles into it without triggering tendonitis. My sport is gripping heavy (MMA), so I do a lot of training requiring a strong grip and do not want to set myself back months with tendonitis of the biceps. 

I am aware that this is likely, at least partially, due to tight biceps. Stretches, mobility, etc, anything that would help with this would be much appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/3/2022 at 6:53 AM, Jacob Markarian said:

Hello, 

I am a 6’4, 225lb man. As such, even the first step of the Rings Skill- False Grip Body Hold  (A1), triggered minor biceps pain along the entire length of my biceps. Is there a way I can make scale this movement back so I can ease my joints and muscles into it without triggering tendonitis. My sport is gripping heavy (MMA), so I do a lot of training requiring a strong grip and do not want to set myself back months with tendonitis of the biceps. 

I am aware that this is likely, at least partially, due to tight biceps. Stretches, mobility, etc, anything that would help with this would be much appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jacob, in your case a solid higher base of strength is necessary. i suggest to reach at least the end of foundations 2 for the pulling work.