Ha, it's not as interesting as you would think. I had no idea what I was doing back then so it involved a lot of crashing, a lot of trial and error, and I built a lot of bad habits out of it.
But on the plus side, I got pretty good at teaching it
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by yuri marmerstein, June 15, 2010 · 107 Replies · 8,069 Views
Ha, it's not as interesting as you would think. I had no idea what I was doing back then so it involved a lot of crashing, a lot of trial and error, and I built a lot of bad habits out of it.
But on the plus side, I got pretty good at teaching it
Sunday June 10:
Couple hours of capoeira during the day
evening training in the apt.
stalder presses lowering to straddle planche on paralettes
yewkis
handstand pushups on paralettes
Monday June 11:
During the day, hand balancing on a wooden box, several sets of barbell power snatch from hang, front lever work
evening, planche lean and manna static holds
Tuesday June 12: During the day, handstands and front lever work
evening, rehearsal for a gig: hard floor tumbling, hand balance, strength, and some two-man balance
Wednesday June 12:
Gig early in the morning
they had the super fancy massage chairs at costco, the guy let me use it without the padding so I got a pretty good massage
for an hour before work I played around with side lever pulls and finished with 5x5 rope pullups each arm
saturday june 16
open gym at night, ankle is a bit off so only worked a little tumbling, then did some tap swings on strap bar(hoping to learn giants soon), some planche work on pbars and some rings
legitimately hit a one arm back lever on rings which was pretty cool
Hey, great videos
. I've been lurking this forum for a while, and for some reason I always have remembered you. Your work has inspired me to get better at hand balancing
. I'm arguably the best handstand guy in my club now. Great work!
I was reminded of you because I thought I remembered you saying at some point that you wanted to be a hand balancer for cirque de solei....
thanks man.
Yeah that's me, I'm still pretty far off from being a cirque hand balancer, I just enjoy the art. If at some point it takes me somewhere, great.
I am still trying to get into cirque, just not necessarily as a hand balancer
I'm glad I inspired you though, keep up the good work