I'm currently doing a shoulder rehabilitation period from which I need to abstain from dips, muscle-up progressions (I'm currently doing squat/seated muscle-ups), HeSPU, and any other movements which seem to be making my shoulder worse.
So in my desperation not to lose any progress I may have been making, I thought to mimic the movements of muscle-up and HeSPU with a resistance band. For the muscle-up, I hang it from a pull-up bar, squat on the floor (to give room for the full range of motion), and go through the pull-up, transition, and dip motions using the band for resistance. For the HeSPU, I sit on the middle of the band, and press overhead with the band's resistance (maintaining the shoulder, elbow, and wrist alignment I would be using in the HeSPU)
I really have no idea if these "exercises" are effective at all for the purposes of developing MU/HeSPU strength. I do notice that they fatigue the muscles around 10 repetitions (although I have no idea how many it would take to reach failure). Any thoughts on the efficacy of these "exercises" would be appreciated.
.sean