Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TheGymPress - May 2008 Vol2 Is 2 is out now

Guest Valentin

Guest Valentin

Hi everyone

After much delay, the new issue of TheGymPress is finally here. Hopefully it was worth the wait.

CONTENT of May 2008 Issue

Page 1 Recent News

Page 1-2 How to teach a Freehip Circle to Handstand. By Lukas Stritt.

Page 2-6 The Front Somersault: Technical Breakdown and Training. By Valentin Uzunov

Page 6-9 Preparation for Handspring Vault. By Warren Milburn

Page 9 The Iron Cross Challenge

Page 9 Acknowledgments

You can download this and past issues from the Available Issues panel at http://www.thegympress.net

Or directly view and download the latest issue by CLICKING HERE

PS. i am sorry if this is the wrong board to post in, or if i am not allowed to post/ so shamelessly self promote haha (please delete or move post if not appropriate)

Guest Valentin

Hi

Thank for that kbryk. Yeah if i knew how to change that (about the renaming) that would be awesome. I think that i will have to change uploading servers to do it.

Anyone know of a quick solution. (and free haha)

Thanks once again

George Launchbury

Hi Valentin,

Hope is OK but I moved this to Community, as is more of an anouncement than anything? ...although the content suggests it could sit elsewhere. Didn't feel it belonged in Getting Started, but did take a while to think where it did belong. :?

Ha, ha. I wouldn't consider it shamelessly self-promoting since a) it's relevant to the board, and b) you are an active and respected member of the community and not just someone rocking up to sell something. I am looking forward to having a read of this issue during my lunch break later. Anyone with the time should take a gander.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for letting us know.

George.

Guest Valentin

Hi George

Yeah i struggled with where to put it as well. Thanks for positive feedback and comments i really appreciate it

If any coaches (not looking at at anyone :shock: -->coach sommer) wish to contribute please please do so, the more the better.

Coach Sommer

Valentin offers a very good newsletter and I have enjoyed reading it from time to time over the years.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Guest Valentin

Thank you Coach Sommer, i truly appreciate you saying that. as i am a great fan of your work.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Very interesting reading Valentin indeed.I have enjoy it.

But I was very surprised that world record for iron cros is JUST a 22,9 s :shock: . Even my record from 2 years ago is about 15s longer and with proper training It can be done around in 50s....

Records are always about who actually goes through the process of recognition rather than true superiority.

Guest Valentin

Hi

Thank you. I agree a record of 22.9 Sec is actually not that amazing really, when you consider what some people can do. The one interesting point is that this is a 22.9sec with perfect leveled crosses. That makes that 22.9 much more of a feet. Given that even pro gymnasts don't show/hit a perfectly leveled cross all that time.

The challange still stands, so if anyone can do better than 22.9 with a perfectly leveled cross please let me know.

though I think, I can beat the record with the perfect cross. With no perfect can go about 35s.

Todays training: 26,8s after hard ring strength training and I hade reserves for at least 5 seconds. So when I'm not tired it can go even further.