Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoulder injury + Starting new

Trevor Wallman

Trevor Wallman

Hello, 

I am new to the program and starting with Level 1. I will stick with what was provided to see how I respond to the workouts but I wanted to address the shoulder issue. I've had surgery over 1 yr ago for a separated shoulder that had occurred multiple before that. I'm sure a common injury. I am just curious what REHAB or SHOULDER WEEKLY exercises are "safe" to start with and how often they shoulder be worked into the Level 1 plan to not push too hard and potential cause injury down the road. The main point is avoiding injury now and in the future, so I don't want to take on too much, but want to progress at the same time. 

I'm generally athletic, played all sports growing up. Currently a golf professional/coach but don't play competitively. My main goal is to have some structure and goals set out with programs provided and progressions to achieve. 

Thanks, 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Trevor Wallman said:

Hello, 

I am new to the program and starting with Level 1. I will stick with what was provided to see how I respond to the workouts but I wanted to address the shoulder issue. I've had surgery over 1 yr ago for a separated shoulder that had occurred multiple before that. I'm sure a common injury. I am just curious what REHAB or SHOULDER WEEKLY exercises are "safe" to start with and how often they shoulder be worked into the Level 1 plan to not push too hard and potential cause injury down the road. The main point is avoiding injury now and in the future, so I don't want to take on too much, but want to progress at the same time. 

I'm generally athletic, played all sports growing up. Currently a golf professional/coach but don't play competitively. My main goal is to have some structure and goals set out with programs provided and progressions to achieve. 

Thanks, 

Hi Trevor, my main question is "did you have rehab work after the surgery with a pt"?

Trevor Wallman

I did yes. I did 1 year of rehab post surgery. Mainly focusing on mobility for the first 6 months. Followed by very light strength and mobility. I have been doing endurance strength rehab and light general strength. 

I have done Level 1 series and most exercises are easy to do. Except the odd exercise which is almost impossible for me (example Overhead shoulder disclocates)..... Would it be best that I back track and stick to Segments in the Intro phase and add on additonal classes if I need more?

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Trevor Wallman said:

I did yes. I did 1 year of rehab post surgery. Mainly focusing on mobility for the first 6 months. Followed by very light strength and mobility. I have been doing endurance strength rehab and light general strength. 

I have done Level 1 series and most exercises are easy to do. Except the odd exercise which is almost impossible for me (example Overhead shoulder disclocates)..... Would it be best that I back track and stick to Segments in the Intro phase and add on additonal classes if I need more?

Hi Trevor, your shoulder will tell you what you need....and usually, if it becomes sore or inflamed is better to take something off. For sure your shoulder won't tell you "give me more",-)

• 3 weeks later...
Trevor Wallman

HAHA well said. I've backtracked realizing that some mobility is likely not possible because of a lack of strength in other areas. Back to the basics!

Thanks for the feedback.