For those who have access to a pool, here is an interesting way to work the Muscle Up transition and Korean Dips. Get into deep end of pool and place hands flat 1 inch from edge of pool. Begin elevating body up out of water with arms and shoulder rotation similiar to Muscle Up. It is important to maintain strict allignment of the body while hugging edge of the pool and no piking when transitioning up and over as you will notice this increases the core tension much more. Next, place your back to the wall, similiar to korean dips, begin dipping down into the water and back up again maintaining strict allignment. I felt the exercises were great for increasing shoulder ROM without placing too much stress as the more deeper you dipped into the water the more water was displaced making it easier to lift out.
Interesting way to work Muscle Up transition and Korean Dips
Started by scottmo, June 4, 2010 · 4 Replies · 3,643 Views
That's generally how I get out of the pool. Never thought of the idea to progressively train it. One thing to add though is don't underestimate how much help water that is only half way up to your knees would help.
i have done that before as well. also doing one arm chins by holding on to the diving blocks at the end. makes you feel like a beast.
The Monday before last I was doing clapping planche push ups in the sea
. Next time I'll have a go at one arm ![]()
Tumbling is much harder though... And there are broken bits of shell to break your fall ![]()
I like to try to do a muscle up onto the diving board, if you have one. I can't tell how much the water assists, but it's still quite hard to do slow