Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ring Buckle Strength

Michael Jordan

Michael Jordan

Coach, are the Xtreme rings designed to be used for any swinging elements, or just for static holds and transitions, rolls, kips and such?

George Launchbury

Hi Shoes,

I'm pretty sure that the rings/straps are not designed to be used for swinging elements. That seems to be pretty much the case for all non-competition (strength & conditioning) rings that I am aware of.

George.

Scott Malin

Aye, George is right. Reposted from an earlier thread:

Xtreme Rings Weight Limit

You will have to be doing weighted dips with over 2000lbs to exceed the strength of the Xtreme Rings as the rings, straps and cam buckles are rated at over 1,100lbs each. If you do manage it though, please post a video . Just kidding about the video, but seriously the rings are more than strong enough for any and all gymnastics conditioning work that you could ever manage to undertake. Remember though, that they are designed for conditioning work, not for swinging work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Michael Jordan

Thanks, guys. I looked allover the forum to see if any info on the buckle strength had been posted. Apparently I looked everywhere but that thread. :roll:

I figured as much. Oh well, I suppose when I get to the point that learning swing elements is practical I will start looking around the gymnastics club in my area.

Yea any of those rings with the cam buckle wont be suitable and potentially even the thing you attach it to wont.