Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recovering from a hamstring strain

Ricky Ward

Ricky Ward

I strained my right hamstring and a few weeks back and have started using the restore series to recover. I want to start progressing but I know the front split and side split series Are going to be too intense for my hamstring. I have lost most if not all of my flexibility in my right side straddle stretch and pancake.  I reduced all of my training during to week to just a couple of days and it mainly upper body, thoracic bridge, core and restore.  My question is should I start to implement the 30 minute lower body class along with the restore series  or is there a better way to go about it?

Edited by Ricky Ward

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Ricky Ward said:

I strained my right hamstring and a few weeks back and have started using the restore series to recover. I want to start progressing but I know the front split and side split series Are going to be too intense for my hamstring. I have lost most if not all of my flexibility in my right side straddle stretch and pancake.  I reduced all of my training during to week to just a couple of days and it mainly upper body, thoracic bridge, core and restore.  My question is should I start to implement the 30 minute lower body class along with the restore series  or is there a better way to go about it?

Hi Ricky, personally i think that in case of injury you need to understand why you strain and what's happening to the muscle because the strain can be parallel to the pulling line of a muscle or perpendicular and the approach can be different for the recovery. for the recovery process you should look for a physiotherapist because giving a suggestion without knowing the situation can make the situation even worse.