Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Glutes pain in cartwheel

Guillaume Massardier

Guillaume Massardier

Hi all, I am doing a bit of tumbling in addition of the GB program. I can do standard front roll, pike , layout as well as roundoff back tuck. I struggle with cartwheel, when I work on the form, I have a pain on the right glute (back leg on the cartwheel). It is quite deep. I tried a few time to stop for a few weeks, but it always comeback. Really hard to say if I lack of mobility or strength on the glute. Anyone had the same issue? Any advices ? Cheers

Edited by Guillaume Massardier

Alessandro Mainente
On 2/15/2020 at 4:37 AM, Guillaume Massardier said:

Hi all, I am doing a bit of tumbling in addition of the GB program. I can do standard front roll, pike , layout as well as roundoff back tuck. I struggle with cartwheel, when I work on the form, I have a pain on the right glute (back leg on the cartwheel). It is quite deep. I tried a few time to stop for a few weeks, but it always comeback. Really hard to say if I lack of mobility or strength on the glute. Anyone had the same issue? Any advices ? Cheers

Hey Guillaume, how is your middle split?

Guillaume Massardier

I have been really stiff for years, and have been focusing on mobility over the last 2 months. I straddle at 110deg at the moment and have difficulties to pancake properly (getting there). I have a desk job which does not help.

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Guillaume Massardier said:

I have been really stiff for years, and have been focusing on mobility over the last 2 months. I straddle at 110deg at the moment and have difficulties to pancake properly (getting there). I have a desk job which does not help.

Ok...so i  centered the problem at the first attempt. the problem is your middle split. the low ability to split means tight lateral and posterior capsule joint and weak middle glutes. you need to increase the range of motion here.