Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

nutrition of gymnast

Rafael David

Rafael David

Hi everyone, I wonder if at some point in life the gymnast has to eat to gain weight or hypertrophy is possible without gaining weight. I know it varies according to each person because of nutrition and body composition etc., but I doubt it, because if I gain strength, obviously gain muscle, right? If I gain muscle I necessarily gain weight? I have to eat more to gain strength or not? Or just keep my weight with good eating habits?

Neal Winkler

In an already lean gymnast, hypertrophy will occur with little to no fat gain, so yes, hypertrophy will occur with weight gain.

If you gain strength, it does not mean you have gained muscle. Strength is a also affected by the nervous system which can increase strength without hypertrophy.

You do not have to eat in excess of maintenance calories to gain strength.

Rafael David

So that superhuman strength which has gymnasts is mainly the result of your training and not so much of their nutrition?

Yes, maybe not in olympic gymnastics, but for coach sommers' kids it is pure training

But it could be better with all proper food supplementation and supplement supplementation. There is always a room to get one more %.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.