This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gavin's Workout Log

Started by Gavin Strelitz, May 12, 2010 · 468 Replies · 17,909 Views

Longshanks

My two pence worth would be to say don't just assume once your injuries stop hurting they're healed. You need to build it back up in a very slow and controlled way, maybe even over months. Also, slow negatives are the holy grail for physio exercises. Just start at an exercise WAAAYY easier than you think you can comfortably do and build up over a few weeks to an intensity just under what causes any discomfort and hold that for 4 weeks. Then up it a little again. I'm doing nothing but 5sec neg*5reps*5sets on just about everything now and getting good results finally. If your injury is new, alternating ice and heat is brilliant. If its a long term injury just heat is enough realy. Buy a hot water bottle and an ice cube tray, they're worth their weight in gold!

Gavin Strelitz

Cheers for that, I'll take that advice on.

Gavin Strelitz

12 June 2010

Week 6 of Cycle

Three mins skipping

4 sets of:

5 x pushups

5 x plyo jumps onto a bench

PB L-sit (15s)

10 x Back extensions

10 x Shoulder dislocates

10 x Wall extensions

Stretching routine

Seiji

Pay super attention to what longshanks just said.

I "took that advice" and I've had bicep tendonitis on and off for more than a year now. I say on and off because it would stop hurting and then a month or two later it would start up again.

Please be careful.

Gavin Strelitz

Cheers Seiji,

The advice from Longshanks, Coach and yourself will definitely be listened to and used.

13 June 2010

18 mins skipping

Gavin Strelitz

15 June 2010

My chest is feeling better in that I can't feel any discomfort at all when not enagaged in physical activity. There is still a slight pain when I rasie my hands high above my head and when I rotate my shoulder through a certain point. I've backed off the upper body stuff and concentrating on healing up.

Three mins skipping

4 sets of:

5 x Pushups

5 x SLS

PB L-Sit (15s)

5 x HLL

10 x Shoulder dislocates

10 x Wall Extensions

10 x Back extensions (physio exercise)

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

19 June 2010

My chest is healing nicely and I've re-desinged my training program for when I am fully healed up. I've dropped back the intensity and volume of exercise and I'm going to give myself a light run-in before I start my SSC.

Three mins skipping

4 sets of:

5 x Pushups

5 x Plyo jumps onto a bench

PB L-Sit (15s)

10 x back extensions

10 x shoulder dislocates

10 x Wall extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

20 June 2010

18 minutes of skipping

Stretching routine.

Tennis ball trigger point work.

Gavin Strelitz

22 June 2010

Three minutes of skipping

4 sets of:

5 x Pushups

5 x SLS

PB L-sit (15s)

5 x Leg raises

10 x Shoulder dislocates

10 x Wall extensions

Stretching routine.

I'll do a trigger point session tomorrow.

Gavin Strelitz

24 June 2010

Three mins skipping

4 sets of:

5 x Pushups

5 x Plyo jumps onto a bench

PB L-sit (15s)

5 x HLL

10 x Shoulder dislocates

10 x Wall extensions

stretching routine

My chest feels 100%, no pain at all even through a full range of motion. I'm going to give it another week of rest and then slowly ease into my newly designed SSC.

Gavin Strelitz

26 June 2010

Three mins of skipping

4 sets of:

5x Pushups

5 x SLS

PB L-sit (15s)

10 a Back extensions

10 x Shoulder dislocates

10 x Wall extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

27 June 2010

18 mins skipping

My chest feels completely healed but I'm going to give it another week to make sure. After that I'll begin my new SSC that is designed with both lower volume and intensity.

Gavin Strelitz

2 July 2010

This has been a week off to just heal.

I've done lots of stretching and tennis ball massage, so the body is feeling pretty good. The physio has given the all clear on the injury and it feels very good to me.

My new SSC is designed and ready to go. I've dropped back intensity on most exercises relating to upper body and I've dropped the volume on the whole program from 4 sets to 3 while also reducing the amount of time on handstand work from 3 and a half minutes to 2 minutes. I'll also be working the handstands in the same fashion as all the other static work ie. using half of the max time as a set. I've also dropped the air-baby work. So this is a fair reduction in work done.

My plan is to ease back into things, so for the first week back in I'll do one set of my new three set workout and assess from there. When I feel my body is ready I'll start the actual 8-10 week cycle.

The major goal for me for this SSC is to understand and ascertain my base level of strength from which I can build on slowly. The idea now is to build consistent strings of cycles without down time due to injury.

Gavin Strelitz

6 July 2010

This is my first session back after injury and my training might be interrupted again, this time by a bit of flu. Anyhow, I'll see how that progresses in the coming days.

Three mins skipping

1 set of:

5 x PPP

5 x Rows

5 x HLL (under grip)

5 x SLS

10 x Shoulder dislocates

Stretching routine

Longshanks

Glad you're doing much better buddy, congratulations.

Gavin Strelitz

Thanks mate. Happy to be training again and with a completely new perspective based on longevity and slow, steady progress.

Trained last night.

Three mins skipping

1 set of:

5 x Dips

5 x Pull-ups

5 x SLS

5 x Windshield Wipers

10 x shoulder dislocates

2 x Bridge Wall Walks

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

10 July 2010

This training session completes my first week back after injury. It's been a pretty light week but I've gotten through it very well and the body feels good. I may step it up slighlty next week and at some point I will need to strength test for my new SSC.

Three mins skipping

1 set of:

5 x Assisted HeSPU

5 x Naners (form isn't good on these at all, they need work)

5 x SLS

10 x Back Extensions

10 x Shoulder dislocates

10 x Wall Extensions

Stretching routine.

Gavin Strelitz

13 July 2010

Three mins skipping

2 sets of:

5 x PPP

5 x Tucked Rows

5 x HLL undergrip

5 x SLS

10 x Shoulder dislocates

10 x Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

The body felt good going through this routine and I'll keep it at two sets per session for the week as I slowly build back into my new SSC.

Gavin Strelitz

15 July 2010

Three mins skipping

2 sets of:

5 x Dips

5 x Pull-ups

5 x SLS

5 x Wind-shield Wipers

10 X Shoudler Dislocates

10 x Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

17 July 2010

Three mins skipping

2 sets of:

5 x Assisted HeSPU

5 x Naners (much better form, although couldn't complete all 5)

5 x SLS

10 x Back Extensions

10 x Shoulder Dislocates

10 x Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

This completes my second training week back from my injury. The chest feels really good with the slightly increased load and I'm happy with the way I'm feeling all round. I will strength test tomorrow for my SSC and then get going with that next week.

Gavin Strelitz

18 July 2010

Strength test results today. While I haven't trained the upper body all that much over a space of about 5 weeks I wasn't expecting too much.

Advanced Tuck FL: 36s

Advanced Tuck BL: 26s

PB L-Sit: 30s

Tuck PL: 16s

I'll drop these into my training mix for the coming week, but still deciding if I should get into the new SSC or have another "lighter" week consisting of two set reps and include the statics. I'll decide tonight.

Gavin Strelitz

20 July 2010

Three minutes skipping

2 sets of:

Tuck PL: 8s

5 x PPP

Advanced Tuck BL: 13s

5 x Tuck rows

2 sets of:

Advanced Tuck FL: 18s

5 x SLS

PB L-sit: 15s

5 x HLL (under-grip)

10 x Shoulder dislocates

10 x Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

22 July 2010

Three mins skipping

2 sets of:

Tuck PL 8s

5 x Dips

Advanced Tuck BL 13s

5 x Pull-ups

2 sets of:

Advanced Tuck FL 18s

5 x SLS

PB L-sit 15s

5 x Windshield Wipers

One more round of all the static holds

10 x Shoulder dislocates

10 x Wall extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

24 July 2010

Three mins skipping

2 sets of:

Tuck PL 8s

5 x Assisted HeSPU

Advanced Tuck BL 13s

5 x Naners

Advanced Tuck FL 18s

5 x SLS

PB L-sit 15s

10 x Back Extensions

One more round of static holds

10 X Shoulder Dislocates

10 X Wall Extensions

Gavin Strelitz

27 July 2010

Felt very flat today and little bit fluey so I am listening to my body and relaxing tonight.