This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2

Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, September 19, 2019 · 60 Replies · 726 Views

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
58 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Mario, take a closer look to the course first.., especially to the grip. do you notice any difference?

Wow, I don't know why and when I switched the grip to prone :facepalm:

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Here is another try with the correct grip:

Back:

Side: 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Mario, try to avoid hunching forward as you raise the weight. 

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

I reduced the weight to avoid hunching and now its ok. When I increase the weight, should I widen the grip to achieve the 90 degree angle and then start closening it?

Also, what is the weight goal for the IM?

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

I reduced the weight to avoid hunching and now its ok. When I increase the weight, should I widen the grip to achieve the 90 degree angle and then start closening it?

Also, what is the weight goal for the IM?

10% of the BW is the goal.

The sequence of the goal is range of motion first...then add weight.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
55 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

10% of the BW is the goal.

The sequence of the goal is range of motion first...then add weight.

But eg: i have currently 1.25kg with correct ROM, but if I add another 1.25kg plate I am not able to achieve 90 degree without hunching, how should I proceed in this case?

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

But eg: i have currently 1.25kg with correct ROM, but if I add another 1.25kg plate I am not able to achieve 90 degree without hunching, how should I proceed in this case?

Since the range of motion comes first you should widen the grip until you can reach the parallel.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

How about this one? 

I dont know if i should keep without weight a couple of weeks or start adding plates

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

How about this one? 

I dont know if i should keep without weight a couple of weeks or start adding plates

It depends on how hard you feel it.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

My progress with this IM feels quite slow, is it a good idea to add some extra exercise on my daily limber to help my shoulder mobility? Maybe inverted cat or elevated cat

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

@Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/25/2020 at 12:46 PM, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

My progress with this IM feels quite slow, is it a good idea to add some extra exercise on my daily limber to help my shoulder mobility? Maybe inverted cat or elevated cat

It depends on the range of motion if you are talking about column i still prefer slow progress.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
4 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

It depends on the range of motion if you are talking about column i still prefer slow progress.

I do not know exactly where that tightness comes from, refering to this IM, how can I know if it comes from shoulder or column?

Alessandro Mainente

IM 2 is only shoulders...at the level of the range of motion of IM2 probably anterior shoulder capsule that still needs a slow approach.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hello again! im currently with 3.75kg, the goal is 7.5 (10% of my bw), would like to make sure everything is ok:

Side view: (am I hunching or is it ok?)

 

Back view:

I realised im not symmetrical from the back view, but when I look to the mirror bar seems horizontal and everything is ok, any tip on this?

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Hello again! im currently with 3.75kg, the goal is 7.5 (10% of my bw), would like to make sure everything is ok:

Side view: (am I hunching or is it ok?)

 

Back view:

I realised im not symmetrical from the back view, but when I look to the mirror bar seems horizontal and everything is ok, any tip on this?

Maybe you can depress a bit more the right shoulder.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Last check before moving to final weight:

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Mario, you can see in your video that as you start to lift the bar you pull your ribs in and hunch forward. Try to keep your chest completely open as you lift the bar (straight body line). Can you also post another video from the back?

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
1 hour ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hey Mario, you can see in your video that as you start to lift the bar you pull your ribs in and hunch forward. Try to keep your chest completely open as you lift the bar (straight body line). Can you also post another video from the back?

Thats what I thought, but I wasnt sure, I will keep this weight then and upload it from the back

Is this one also bad form? It is with previous weigh, but I see no difference with the one that I uploaded

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Thats what I thought, but I wasnt sure, I will keep this weight then and upload it from the back

Is this one also bad form? It is with previous weigh, but I see no difference with the one that I uploaded

 

Probably yes. you begin by opening the chest then you recall the chest in....try to stay fixed with the ribs..neutral. no matter the portion of the movement.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Probably yes. you begin by opening the chest then you recall the chest in....try to stay fixed with the ribs..neutral. no matter the portion of the movement.

I will try from no weight and increasing and see were i start to put my chest in, thanks!

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Here it is with from no weight to 2.5kg

No weight wide and shoulder width:

1.25kg: 

2.5kg:

Is it ok until 2.5kg?

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/22/2020 at 9:26 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Mario, take a closer look to the course first.., especially to the grip. do you notice any difference?

Hey Mario, this arc is what you need to avoid, it is presenter also in the no-weighted version.

temp sh ex.png

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
38 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Mario, this arc is what you need to avoid, it is presenter also in the no-weighted version.

temp sh ex.png

So I should start the movement straight head to toes? As I am when my arms are lifted I mean

I thought the goal was to keep that arch at the top of the movement

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

So I should start the movement straight head to toes? As I am when my arms are lifted I mean

I thought the goal was to keep that arch at the top of the movement

Well, the first correct Jeffrey given to you was exactly this one...too arch and ribs out.