This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2

Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, September 19, 2019 · 60 Replies · 726 Views

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Mario, the PE seems ok, on the IM do not extend the wrists, the real extension is measured from the upper arm, every inch of bar's height that you aquire by extending the wrists does not count as valid. it is the time to add some weight to the bar.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Ok, I will fix wrists extension and add weight. And for the PD question, should handstand training be done before or after thoracic bridge Stretch?? 

 

Thanks! 

Alessandro Mainente

First, technical work comes first, always.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Perfect, how much weight should I be aiming for mastery level on IM?

Jeffrey Bittner

You are only required to use about 8-10lbs (3-4 Kg) for this one

Alessandro Mainente

If you feel is harder on the neck you can consider moving the support a bit more on the posterior part of the head.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

If you feel is harder on the neck you can consider moving the support a bit more on the posterior part of the head.

Alright, do I have good protraction and form?

Alessandro Mainente

Not Yet, you can see your shoulder blades coming out from your upper body.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

In headstand, which angle should elbows have with wrist? 90°? Today, I felt some discomfort at the wrist and I think it was because of too much extension. 

I attached a photo showing the angle I refer to

 

Screenshot_2019-11-30-22-35-03-430_com.miui.videoplayer.png

Edit: Actually, I stopped at third headstand rep because of right wrist pain, I think I went too hard on previous wrist stretches and when going out from headstand the pain appeared. I just want to make sure, because when I saw the record this wrist angle looks hard

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

@Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/30/2019 at 10:38 PM, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

In headstand, which angle should elbows have with wrist? 90°? Today, I felt some discomfort at the wrist and I think it was because of too much extension. 

I attached a photo showing the angle I refer to

 

Screenshot_2019-11-30-22-35-03-430_com.miui.videoplayer.png

Edit: Actually, I stopped at third headstand rep because of right wrist pain, I think I went too hard on previous wrist stretches and when going out from headstand the pain appeared. I just want to make sure, because when I saw the record this wrist angle looks hard

Yes, 90° is what you should search for.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Just making sure this is read

Jeffrey Bittner

Looking good, Mario. Remember to engage your core and your glutes as you hold. Doing so will help you to minimize the swaying.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
5 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Can you hold your chest in...a bit more?

Will try next week

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Here are three videos trying to "hide" my scapulaes by protracting and holding my chest in, but I ended up really frustrated. The more I focus on protraction the worse my line is, and I never get enough so that my scapulaes are hidde, here are the videos so you can judge:

One of the first ones (this is how I usually do headstand, trying to hold ppt as hard as possible, and depression at shoulders while holding the line): https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcx6q9lhp843561/IMG_20200517_225118_989.mp4?dl=0

Different one with higher quality: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozzxwjb5dr0vxsu/IMG_20200517_225122_302.mp4?dl=0

Another one trying to go into the position already with protraction and holding chest in, which is a complete disaster in my whole line, I did not achieve hiding scapulae and the form is not good in my opinion: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1ctymx19fw1inb/IMG_20200517_225124_449.mp4?dl=0

I just dont feel like I am progressing with protraction with this exercise

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Here are three videos trying to "hide" my scapulaes by protracting and holding my chest in, but I ended up really frustrated. The more I focus on protraction the worse my line is, and I never get enough so that my scapulaes are hidde, here are the videos so you can judge:

One of the first ones (this is how I usually do headstand, trying to hold ppt as hard as possible, and depression at shoulders while holding the line): https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcx6q9lhp843561/IMG_20200517_225118_989.mp4?dl=0

Different one with higher quality: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozzxwjb5dr0vxsu/IMG_20200517_225122_302.mp4?dl=0

Another one trying to go into the position already with protraction and holding chest in, which is a complete disaster in my whole line, I did not achieve hiding scapulae and the form is not good in my opinion: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1ctymx19fw1inb/IMG_20200517_225124_449.mp4?dl=0

I just dont feel like I am progressing with protraction with this exercise

Well in the first video i have notice that forearms are not perpendicular to the ground, this is a suboptimal way to support your bodyweigth...and the for sure everything follows...like harder shoulders and scapulae activation and less quality on the bodyline.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Here is another try with the right elbow angle:

 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Here is another try with the right elbow angle:

 

Nice one mario!

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Testing for mastery:

PE: 

IM: 

 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Testing for mastery:

PE: 

IM: 

 

Hey Mario, take a closer look to the course first.., especially to the grip. do you notice any difference?