Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which Iron Woody bands for prehab?

Max Johnson

Max Johnson

Hi folks.

I'm in the market for buying some bands to do shoulder prehab work with - dislocates and stuff like Ido's routine (

and
- thanks Ido!). Unfortunately, mcmaster say they don't ship internationally anymore, so I can't buy pallet bands from them. This leaves Iron Woody bands, which come in 41, 20 and 12 inch sizes. For the 41 inchers, the "#1" band gives 5-35lbs resistance, and the "#2" gives 10-50lbs resistance - are these longer ones the best choice because you can just fold them up? If so, which should I buy between #1 and #2?

Thanks.

I'd like some suggestions for where / how to shop for them?

I'll go looking here in India, but I'd appreciate any suggestions on stores in the US (In person or Online) or UK.

• 8 months later...

yeah, anyone can suggest what ironwoody bands are needed for ido's shoulder prehab routine?

are ironwoody's bands all I need for those exercises or theraband are required as well? in case which ones?

I'm lost, so many to choose from.

thanks

Guys, its just a rubber tube or band, don't get too hung up.

I happen to like strand pulling so i have a fair collection, plus i have a yoga studio, that gives me an excuse. But in all reality, to do the prehab, anything that's not too strong will work. I prefer the tubes to bands for this, they feel stretchier but again its not a big deal.

Since you are in Switzerland, here's where i recently purchased some tubes.

http://www.perform-better.de/Produktkategorien/Baender-und-Tubes/Lifeline-Profitube.html

India, sorry no idea, but i honestly think you can find almost anything in India, even a long bungie cord will work, some say they are even better in fact.

For Ido's i'd say somewhere from Level 3-5 is what you want. I started with 3 but am not the strongest guy on the forum. Some of my female students or injured students need even lower.

thanks mr brady, I see your point and I probably have to try several different bands and tubes myself. Your advice are always very kind and wise. Thanks as usual.

My coach use to have us warm up dislocates with towels, very simple and cheap, although it doesn't adhere to Ido's full routine towels are great for dislocates and other shoulder flexibility stretches.

Stewart Whaley

I prefer #2 41 inch bands for the pre/rehab u mentioned.

If you do buy iron woody, I recommend a package of 41 inch bands if you are a 'homemade gym' type.

Opens up alot of options (make a harness to simulate sled drag/sprints, exercise assists, etc)

Also, for ido's shoulder routine bands with handles are a little more

comfortable.

HOWEVER the vast majority of other things I've ever tried with bands

have been slighty annoying to nightmarish if they weren't closed circles like the woody bands.

For example, look at the WOD's on mobilitywod.blogspot.com that include

mobilizing the hip joint.

That is a pain n the !!! with single-stranded bands with handles.

I'd have to tie them into loops, the handles shorten the length and get in the

way.

I had a pretty neat band system that allowed you to connect other bands to the handles via the D-ring.

I wouldn't think of using iron woody bands for prehab, rather therabands or those weight bands with handles (preferred).