Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Derek Hester

New Release?

Recommended Posts

Derek Hester

Hello all,

Has anyone found the new release mentioned when logging in?  I have cleared my cache, but have not noticed any new material.

 

Derek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alessandro Mainente

Do you have the monthly subscription plan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente I have the subscription plan and I don’t see this either—unless the new release is referring to the new interface for the workouts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andreas Urra

I do not get any follow along training videos any more (Foundation Course). Just a short instructional video for each exercise. Are the follow alongs gone? I really liked them. The training experience feels kind of empty without them.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Derek Hester

Yes, I have subscription plan.

20 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Do you have the monthly subscription plan?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Andreas Urra said:

I do not get any follow along training videos any more (Foundation Course). Just a short instructional video for each exercise. Are the follow alongs gone? I really liked them. The training experience feels kind of empty without them.

Coach Sommer stated in another post that his team is already working on making the follow along available again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Moore

I can't figure out how to log my workout now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alessandro Mainente

once you move in the page with the big "my schedule" you have to click on the workout done in a particular day, like for example, "foundation upper body" and then in the new page, there is the label "log" in the bottom right corner of the new window just appeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christoph Wahlers

It seems like you don't progress from step to step automatically once you have completed a step. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alessandro Mainente

You need to log it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christoph Wahlers

I did log workouts last week. The system did not change the sets/reps of the exercises I logged as complete last week. I doublechecked this with the workout history and changed the steps by myselfe. But this is kind of annyoing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coach Sommer
2 hours ago, Christoph Wahlers said:

I did log workouts last week. The system did not change the sets/reps of the exercises I logged as complete last week. I doublechecked this with the workout history and changed the steps by myselfe. But this is kind of annyoing.

Exactly what you should be doing.  Everyone’s response to training is very different and the system will no longer automatically adjust programming.  

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matthew Walker

@Christoph Wahlers 

This may or may not be helpful but I noticed the history has a lot more information on it now then it used to (each individual sets reps/hold times, etc.) My guess is you can probably make a better determination as to whether or not you're ready to move up or down using all that information then you could have before with just the Fine, Easy or Hard buttons.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christoph Wahlers
21 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Exactly what you should be doing.  Everyone’s response to training is very different and the system will no longer automatically adjust programming.  

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Thats a pitty. It would be nice if I could raise the difficulty of the exercise after I logged the reps so that it's at the next step the following workout. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coach Sommer
1 hour ago, Christoph Wahlers said:

Thats a pitty. It would be nice if I could raise the difficulty of the exercise after I logged the reps so that it's at the next step the following workout. 

Why is it a pity?

If you want to adjust the intensity of your workout after your workout, then do so.  

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coach Sommer
6 hours ago, MasterCard said:

The same reason follow-alongs have been missed and asked for. Automation. This monday for the core program I had to time, log, count the circuits, push myself. Willpower drain. Demotivation. 

As you say: consistency over intensity. With diets: average-level consistent nutrition is better than binge eating after a week of perfect nutrition. New release might have brought precise numbers. It now looks like weighlifters/powerlifters regimen. But it took away way more. From me at least. 

I consider myself lucky to have encountered the "4 faces". It's such a simple way to correct course. It put responsibility in my hands. I even adopted the 4 faces in my own work.

 After picking a face, the message said "You will be moved to step X". That meant "Good job, Mike! You are worthy. Let's challenge you more". Or some other action depending on the face. I knew the verdict right away. And I knew exactly why. "These are reps/sets for today. Have you done them? Yes or no?" New system has numbers for every set, completion of mobility box. I'm overwhelmed.

Now the message says "Your workout has been logged" So? Was I a good boy? What do I get to overcome next time? Robot talking. No cheering up. No verdict.

Amount of actions rose. Core program. 3 excercises. I used to do 1 click for each to select a face. Now I have to do more. Best case scenario - I tap the log button and then OK. 2 actions per excercise. But what if I do different reps? I'd have to tap the log button, the arrow, scroll down, select the rep number and repeat this for every set. And then repeat for every excercise. The 4 faces had 3 actions for any scenario. 

The 4 faces were perfect to produce thу flow state. The challenge matched my skill level. And the system remembered my completed step. Now I have to do the matching myself. It's like going through Chem101 every day. Too much time, effort and willpower wasted.

 Let's say I start at 3*1r. I do first rep/set. Feels easy. I up the difficulty. 5*1. I do one more rep. Easy. 3*2r. I do 2reps. Easy. And that is my third set already. Still no challenge. Do i continue searching? How many sets do I have to try in one day? 3? 5? 10? The new system produces more unknowns in my opinion. The old one forced me to be patient. And that gave me more repetitions to let the nervous system remember the correct firing sequence. Now the human optimism and overachieving makes the brain remember bad posture. In the old system there were a "Too easy" face for overachievers. And still overconfidense could have been corrected with "too hard" face.

As I said the 4 faces were self-correcting. If I had overestimated my skill level, I selected "Too hard", and the system brought me down to a lower level for the next session. Which was where i should have been. Flow state was back. And no worries about responce to training. 

I know the 4 faces were subjective. And the new system is concrete.  This is how I made the 4 faces more concrete. 

Too hard = struggle but fail to keep up with follow along 

Fine = struggle and succed to keep with follow along

Easy = no struggle whatsoever

Too easy = I'm offended

That is another reason why follow alongs are a must. Thay provide required sets, reps and TEMPO.

 

Coach, I think this goes from the entire GB community: we are blessed to have met you. You brought olympic-level GST to us mortals. Thanks for that. We'd like to help you help us.

Guys and gals, fellow GBers. We are the users. It is we, who encounter GST every day. We see things differently from student perspective. It's in our power to help coach Sommer see GST as we see it. Voice your opinions.

Mike Murtazin

Thank you, Mike.  However there is no need to educate me on the four smiley faces; I am the one who designed that system of evaluation.

The smiley system was replaced as it was no longer adequate for our training needs.  Everyone will need to man up a bit to learn the new interface.

Please edit your user name to Mike Murtazin; MasterCard is an improper forum user name.

Yours in FItness,
Coach Sommer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matthew Walker
8 hours ago, MasterCard said:

The same reason follow-alongs have been missed and asked for. Automation. This monday for the core program I had to time, log, count the circuits, push myself. Willpower drain. Demotivation. 

As you say: consistency over intensity. With diets: average-level consistent nutrition is better than binge eating after a week of perfect nutrition. New release might have brought precise numbers. It now looks like weighlifters/powerlifters regimen. But it took away way more. From me at least. 

I consider myself lucky to have encountered the "4 faces". It's such a simple way to correct course. It put responsibility in my hands. I even adopted the 4 faces in my own work.

 After picking a face, the message said "You will be moved to step X". That meant "Good job, Mike! You are worthy. Let's challenge you more". Or some other action depending on the face. I knew the verdict right away. And I knew exactly why. "These are reps/sets for today. Have you done them? Yes or no?" New system has numbers for every set, completion of mobility box. I'm overwhelmed.

Now the message says "Your workout has been logged" So? Was I a good boy? What do I get to overcome next time? Robot talking. No cheering up. No verdict.

Amount of actions rose. Core program. 3 excercises. I used to do 1 click for each to select a face. Now I have to do more. Best case scenario - I tap the log button and then OK. 2 actions per excercise. But what if I do different reps? I'd have to tap the log button, the arrow, scroll down, select the rep number and repeat this for every set. And then repeat for every excercise. The 4 faces had 3 actions for any scenario. 

The 4 faces were perfect to produce thу flow state. The challenge matched my skill level. And the system remembered my completed step. Now I have to do the matching myself. It's like going through Chem101 every day. Too much time, effort and willpower wasted.

 Let's say I start at 3*1r. I do first rep/set. Feels easy. I up the difficulty. 5*1. I do one more rep. Easy. 3*2r. I do 2reps. Easy. And that is my third set already. Still no challenge. Do i continue searching? How many sets do I have to try in one day? 3? 5? 10? The new system produces more unknowns in my opinion. The old one forced me to be patient. And that gave me more repetitions to let the nervous system remember the correct firing sequence. Now the human optimism and overachieving makes the brain remember bad posture. In the old system there were a "Too easy" face for overachievers. And still overconfidense could have been corrected with "too hard" face.

As I said the 4 faces were self-correcting. If I had overestimated my skill level, I selected "Too hard", and the system brought me down to a lower level for the next session. Which was where i should have been. Flow state was back. And no worries about responce to training. 

I know the 4 faces were subjective. And the new system is concrete.  This is how I made the 4 faces more concrete. 

Too hard = struggle but fail to keep up with follow along 

Fine = struggle and succed to keep with follow along

Easy = no struggle whatsoever

Too easy = I'm offended

That is another reason why follow alongs are a must. Thay provide required sets, reps and TEMPO.

 

Coach, I think this goes from the entire GB community: we are blessed to have met you. You brought olympic-level GST to us mortals. Thanks for that. We'd like to help you help us.

Guys and gals, fellow GBers. We are the users. It is we, who encounter GST every day. We see things differently from student perspective. It's in our power to help coach Sommer see GST as we see it. Voice your opinions.

Mike Murtazin

 

Too hard = struggle but fail to keep up with follow along (hit the down arrow for the next workout)

Fine = struggle and succeed to keep with follow along (do nothing)

Easy = no struggle whatsoever (hit the up arrow for the next workout)

Too easy = I'm offended (hit the up arrow more than once for the next workout or pop in a harder progression)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christoph Wahlers
12 hours ago, Matthew Walker said:

 

Too hard = struggle but fail to keep up with follow along (hit the down arrow for the next workout)

Fine = struggle and succeed to keep with follow along (do nothing)

Easy = no struggle whatsoever (hit the up arrow for the next workout)

Too easy = I'm offended (hit the up arrow more than once for the next workout or pop in a harder progression)

Yeah, but if I hit the up arrow I can't just press OK on the log because it up's the reps to the next step. So I have to correct every set to reflect the workout I just did. If I log first the up arrow is grey and I can't press it anymore. So I have to press "edit workout" and do it there. That's the main issue I have with that. If I would be able to press the up button after I logged the reps everything would be fine for me. Is it possible to jump to the next exercise by pressing the up button?

I find it to be a huge improvement to be able to log the exact reps I did. Just the way of switching to the next steps is uncomfortable. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.