Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Increase mass of biceps

Marco Levati

Marco Levati

Hi, I am currently almost done with the Mastery levels of Foundations One. Will start Two very soon. I have been progressing steadily without skipping progressions (even if exercises were "too easy"), and I love it like this slowly painless progression. I feel great and my question is more about proportions of aesthetics.

I noticed that my core is starting to look really good, well defined and muscles are getting bigger. However my arms are not really changing.

What is a good series to do every week to increase the mass of biceps? and eventually also triceps?

I know it could sound as a superficial question, but I am sure others have the same. Thanks for the suggestions!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Marco, the matter of the core section is a matter of body fat. simply because abs cannot be hypertrophied so simply you have reduced the general bodyfat, the muscles separation is better and they look bigger. said that, if you are reducing the body fat % it is because you are in a caloric deficit. if you are in a caloric deficit you cannot increase the muscles mass for definition. the fact that you are not experimenting muscles separation is the arms is simply because the body fat in your arms is higher than in the abs and they will be the last body part where the fat will be used as an energy source.

now...i'm going to post here my change from 8 months ago up to now...do you want to know what's happening?

body fat reduction...I look better, it seems that I'm bigger...but not, i weigth 8 kg less.

cambiamento ale.PNG

• Upvote 1

Marco Levati

You look great! 

However I am positive that my abs mass has grown. My body fat is 11%. 

I promise you I am eating so much. Double of what my colleagues eat, I just follow more paleo foods. 

Maybe I can start integrating then with some protein powder. 

Anyhow the original question remains: any recommendation of series that stimulate biceps in particular?

Alessandro Mainente

The problem of doing more with biceps is that you can overload the elbows joint. 

sincerely, my biceps starts to grow when completing F4 on rope climbing and I starting rings work.

I do not share too much the idea of merging GST with bodybuilding/aesthetics because they have different goals and your body can make good adaptation on one goal at a time.

you need to understand what is your priority.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1