Hi!
I would like to hear suggestions on how to progress towards OAC. First, I'll give you some background info so that you can see roughly where I am at the moment. I'm 26 years old, male, 178 cm and roughly 78 kg. I started with BW training many years ago, but it's been sporadic until last November when I started using steady state cycles to improve and used Coach Sommer's book for most of my exercises. I'm now planning my third cycle and want to hear what you think about OAC.
Before the first cycle, I could perform a set of around 16 chin-ups, rather explosive ones. After some practice with holds at the top and bottom of the range of motion, I improved to a maximum of 24 after the first cycle (I have been above 20 earlier in my life as well). During the second cycle, I did OACs, but with the support of one finger on the opposite hand. I did sets of alternating chins, three per arm, totalling six repetitions per set for five sets. I can do these quite easily now, but I'm unsure how to move on?
I have access to a chin-up bar, but nothing else (i.e. I don't have access to weights to do weighted chins). What's the next step? One-handed chins? Close-grip? Something else? I'm thinking negatives might be too early? Regardless of recommended exercise, what would be a reasonable goal in terms of sets and reps? Any suggestions for how to improve from my current position during the next cycle would be greatly appreciated!
I should say that I've read most of the posts on this forum about OAC, as well as the guide on beastskills, but since injuries seem rife when going for the OAC, I want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid.
Thanks!
Olle Linge