Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Doorway bar stuck.

Animalonfire

Animalonfire

My doorway chinning bar was giving me some trouble recently, I'd be setting it in place and "screwing" it in, and it would simply rub against the wall, I found this only happened on one side and at certain lengths so I fixed it to the wall of centre. Now it is completely stuck on one side. I'd buy another one, but as the sides of my door frame aren't parallel and I frequently move it for different uses I think that I'll only have to replace it again (I've had it for around 4 months).

Has anyone had a similar problem? And if so how did they alleviate it?

Thanks for your time.

Animalonfire

One side refuses to twist. Unfortunately my doorway is arched, and can't take a JML style bar (I'm using it for GHR's, squat clinic and side levers anyway, I have another that's stuck itself at pulling height and wont budge, but that's not a problem).

Rubber gloves however are a great idea :mrgreen: there I was considering how to fit the thing in a vice :roll: . I'll give that a go ASAP

Thanks. Anyone else's suggestions welcome also. I'll report back after trying the gloves.

UPDATE: No rubber gloves, but whilst looking for some I stumbled upon one of THESE!smallaids7.jpg

Jar opening gizmo. Why I didn't think of that before I have no idea.....

Thanks Rubadub.

there I was considering how to fit the thing in a vice :roll:
Well a couple of vice grips do it no problem, or even just one which you could hold with your weaker hand and twist the bar with the strong hand. Did you try the jar opener thing? you can also put a thick elastic band on the rim of a jar cap to open it -though I expect most posters here need no help!

• 2 weeks later...
Animalonfire

I mean't to say the jar opener worked :P. Pretty much instantly. It was in the kitchen drawer because my dad is without the majority of his fingers... I couldn't get a vice to work before, I stopped tightening it when the bar started warping, but that still wan't enough grip.

Unfortunately the thing really IS broken on the inside now (thread broken-probably what was clogging the turns in the first place) so I'm saving until I can get a Swedish ladder and not worry about it falling to pieces.