Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Soy Lecithin

Tarun Suri

I've been shopping for protein powders online for the past few days and noticed that nearly add had Soy Lecithin in it. This raised a little red flag for me. I research a bit and I'm getting very mixed results. Cons being... well it comes from Soy. Pro being that Lecithin is good for you, great even. But the quantity is so minuscule that one has to wonder if the soy portion will give anything detrimental.

I have found a website telling people to avoid these at all costs, but then again the website sells nothing but non-Soy Lecithin protein powders, so their definitely not impartial.

Does anyone have any light to shed on Soy Lecithin?

It seems like I'll have to read that a few more times. Even the comments at the end of the page don't know whether Soy Lecithin is good or bad.

So far what I got out of it is if I'm not allergic to soy, I can take Soy Lecithin. But it can't be that simple.

Jay Guindon

You know, Robb Wolf was posed this same question on one of his podcasts, you could try and search his site for it www.robbwolf.com (WFS). His sentiment was also that if you're not allergic to soy, it is usually in such small amounts that it doesn't cause problems. Personally I avoid it anyways.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.