Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weighted Vest

ashita

Hi guys , i'm looking for a weighted vest and i found this website -- click here

I think buy the 90 LBS pro weighted vest.

My question is , if it is a reliable company ?

Anyone already bought on this website ?

thanks in advance.

Yeah it isnt really expensive , we said me the MIR vest are the best so ....

Anyone know so ? if i can buy one without worries ?

I don't know what kind of work you do, but I'm hoping you understand that wearing 90 extra pounds is a massive difference.

That's like carrying a 6th grader all day.

However, the website seems trustable to me. :P

The vest its for all kind of work , pull up , planche , front lever , HS , push up ,........

i take a big vest like this i shouldnt buy other weight in the future when i need to add more.......

i can add and put off th weight as i want , for why i buy a heavy vest like this one.

Thanks for your answer ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Jay Guindon

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am wondering how much weight one would need in a vest for the gymnastic movements, specifiaclly SLS? I am sure it doesn't take much weight to make Muscle Ups harder but one legged squats maybe need more weight? Is a 90lb vest overkill?

• 1 month later...
Jay Guindon

Anybody?

I'm now looking at 50lb vest as they're on sale on ebay right now. Is 50lbs enough to keep my SLS progressing for awhile?

Joshua Naterman

Are you doing SLS with 35 lbs already or something? If you are, then 50 will be good for maybe a year or so, at the most. It's a good start, you can always add more.

The MiR products are decent, but the X-Vests are the best overall. More expensive but you get what you pay for. I'd be happy buying the MiR products, personally. When I have money I will be getting these toys!

I can honestly say that I have no idea why you would buy a weighted vest when you can hold weight plates or a loaded bar just as easily for SLS. But, if that's what you like, go for it!

• Upvote 1

Slizzardman brings up a good point. 50lbs will last for a little while. Another question to ask is how you are using the current weight you are using for SLS. I am using a 25lb med ball, that acts as both resistance and balance. I have a 100lb V-Max vest and I am sure I could not do 25lb using that. The weight vests are totally worth the money. To me I feel my BW is good resistance but its good to know that when I want to up the ante I have a 100lbs I could add to any body weight movement.

Jay Guindon

I do SLS with 16kg right now. I wanted a vest not just for SLS but for weighting other movements as well but also wanted to be sure I could use it for SLS for awhile. I like to weight jumping squats but they're a little more awkward holding something. Box jumps too, and sprinting and walking. Thanks.

At what point are you all progressing to weighted SLS/pistol/shrimps etc.? I'm doing 3x5 unweighted sets of shrimps and pistols now quite readily.

Jay Guindon

I tend to use the steady state cycle so I do 8 weeks, starting out where the movements are the hardest I can do for five reps and then by the end of 8 weeks the movements are easy enough I can do more than 5 reps, and then I move onto a harder progression where I can do only 5 reps again.

Joshua Naterman

Jay, I'd honestly go ahead and get an 80-100 lb package for the vest. You're so strong already that you're going to outgrow the 50 lbs and just have to pay more shipping for more weights. One thing I don't like about this vest is the 3 lb increments. That's a lot of increase. You may want to get some .5-1 lb weights or just make them out of sand or something, and use them for smaller increments. If you do that, I think this is a great product and you should go ahead and grab that 100 lb vest.

I have an MiR vest. It's very high quality, fits snuggly, works great. The weight is focused more on the chest and upper back which is a plus for some skills, compared to X-Vest which the weights a bit more distributed. MiR and X-Vest are probably the only weight vests worth investing in. I've used another and it was pretty crud in comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

V-Max is also a high quality vest. I think MIR was the most reasonably priced vest. However I liked the idea behind the V Max vest so thats the route I went.

• 2 weeks later...
I have an MiR vest. It's very high quality, fits snuggly, works great. The weight is focused more on the chest and upper back which is a plus for some skills, compared to X-Vest which the weights a bit more distributed. MiR and X-Vest are probably the only weight vests worth investing in. I've used another and it was pretty crud in comparison.
V-Max is also a high quality vest. I think MIR was the most reasonably priced vest. However I liked the idea behind the V Max vest so thats the route I went.

Interesting. Walmart and Ebay had a bunch of decent inexpensive weighted vests. Not worth trying?

Joshua Naterman

I'll let you know, I got the 80 lb zfitness vest off Ebay. It's padded and looks great, and has very good reviews. It should be here monday or tuesday! I paid 109 for the vest and 36 for shipping. Not too shabby in my opinion, but we shall see. It is adjustable in 4 lb increments, so what I will be doing is breaking one of the 4lb weights into 4 ~1lb pieces.

@crash-

Being in India where tailoring is quite inexpensive, couldn't you get a tailor to custom make you a vest? Have him also make some removable sandbags to put in velcro close pockets perhaps? I'd think this would be much cheaper for you than having something sent over from the states.

@crash-

Being in India where tailoring is quite inexpensive, couldn't you get a tailor to custom make you a vest? Have him also make some removable sandbags to put in velcro close pockets perhaps? I'd think this would be much cheaper for you than having something sent over from the states.

Actually not a bad idea :) .. But I am not thinking weighted vest as yet. In fact a friend of mine works for a company that makes bags etc.. so good stitching as well, if I get to the weighted zone :)

Joshua Naterman
I'll let you know, I got the 80 lb zfitness vest off Ebay. It's padded and looks great, and has very good reviews. It should be here monday or tuesday! I paid 109 for the vest and 36 for shipping. Not too shabby in my opinion, but we shall see. It is adjustable in 4 lb increments, so what I will be doing is breaking one of the 4lb weights into 4 ~1lb pieces.

The vest is good. The padding is barely adequate, but that can be fixed with two pieces of neoprene, or a little bit of yoga mat material. I am quite happy with the vest overall!

• 4 years later...
Tinu Blaettler

Hey guys

Has someone any advice on which brand is best?

I'm pretty small, so the west shouldn't be too big. They are all one-sized, right?