Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asad Chaman-Ali

Rope climb cirques question vs ring OAC work

Asad Chaman-Ali

Hi does anyone here have experience what in the long run without wasting your time and effort pays off for OAC/OAP work direct unilateral work on the rings like archers mantles negatives or more indirect on the climbing rope like legless and the final progression called cirques.

Alessandro Mainente

There is no comparison between the rope climbing and the one arm chin up, the biggest differences and the most important regards:

-the type of grip that on rope climbing in radial or longitudinal, this creates a massive conditioning of the last 2 hand fingers muscles avoid the frustration of having an epitrocleitis in the future due to bad preparation;

-the movement of changing the arm makes a massive work for the lower and middle traps something you cannot perform with single arm chin up

-rope climbing is the milestone for preparing for one arm chin up.a lot of guys here in Italy using a self-made approach now have terrible elbows conditioning while my clients with a strict preparation with GB protocols have one arm chin up and pullup with healthy elbows.

• Upvote 1

Asad Chaman-Ali

But since its brachialis intensive rope climbing. My main question is does it have carryover to pronated grip OAP. I am mostly strong with pronated grip on the bar or rings to make a small motion depression the scapula bending the elbow arm to 45 degrees. But cant get past that stage. My right arm lat scapula is my right where i am able to get past from the dead to 45 degree arm angle but the weak point in my case is the biceps i think.

Alessandro Mainente

The weak point is a combination of weak shoulder extension and weak elbow flexion. Unfortunately, I cannot make any type of conclusion because I've never trained you.