Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrist Straps

Joshua Stevens

Joshua Stevens

I injured the ligament in my left wrist a few years ago - the doctor told me to always be careful with it and avoid dips as these put a lot of pressure. 

Over the the last few years I have spent a lot of time strengthining my wrists including HS1 and as such dips have been fine. Over the last few weeks it has started aching mid way through dips. I believe if I add a support to the wrist it should really help. I was wondering if weight lifting style straps are fine or there are special ones for gymnastics ?

1 hour ago, Joshua Stevens said:

I injured the ligament in my left wrist a few years ago - the doctor told me to always be careful with it and avoid dips as these put a lot of pressure. 

Over the the last few years I have spent a lot of time strengthining my wrists including HS1 and as such dips have been fine. Over the last few weeks it has started aching mid way through dips. I believe if I add a support to the wrist it should really help. I was wondering if weight lifting style straps are fine or there are special ones for gymnastics ?

I’ve worked through a wrist injury as well. I would *strongly* suggest backing off anything that aggravates the area. In my case it took almost 18 months for the injury to finally heal. A big part of the problem was me being stupid early on and pushing too much, even though I didn’t feel much pain. 

If you want to try wrist supports, look at Tiger Paws. They are excellent, although they didn’t help for my specific injury.  

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Joshua Stevens said:

Straps in gymnastics are pretty useful during the growth to hold aligned the forearms bones. some of the wrists support are so rigid so that you cannot fully extend the wrists. personally, i stopped using them and avoided painful exercise.

• Like 1