Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stretch tingle?

Ryan Walker

Ryan Walker

Sometimes I get a tingle in my hand or finger at the end stretch during pass throughs. A little like a funny bone. I assume it’s due to a lack of external rotation and I’m stretching a nerve? I know I need to back off and do, but what’s going on and is there a way to address this type of limitation other than just keep working at it?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Ryan, in your post there is no reference to any stretch exercise or execution ,so i cannot help you. you need to be more specific.

Nick Murray

Depending on the fingers involved, it could be radial, median or ulnar nerve issue. Google "radial nerve glide" or "radial nerve floss", similarly for the other nerves, and incorporate these into your warmup.

Of course, there could be LOT more going on. Post a video so the coaches can check your form.

Ryan Walker
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Ryan, in your post there is no reference to any stretch exercise or execution ,so i cannot help you. you need to be more specific.

“At the end stretch during pass throughs” (shoulder dislocates)

Ryan Walker
6 hours ago, Nick Murray said:

Depending on the fingers involved, it could be radial, median or ulnar nerve issue. Google "radial nerve glide" or "radial nerve floss", similarly for the other nerves, and incorporate these into your warmup.

Of course, there could be LOT more going on. Post a video so the coaches can check your form.

Thanks! I found some really good stuff I can use.

Alessandro Mainente

Can you post a video of your execution please?