Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parallel bars - are these safe?

Lukas Funiok

Hey guys,

I am thinking about buying parallel bars, what do you think about those below? I like the fact that they are separate so they will take up less space when not in use, but on the other hand, I am a bit concerned about the stability of them. Does anyone have a pair like these? Do they hold steadily to the floor during a workout?

https://www.insportline.eu/10902/multi-purpose-parallel-bars-insportline-push-up-pu1500

Thank you

Suzanna McGee

I don't know about yours, but I have these "Original Lebert Fitness Equalizer" (here it's on amazon so you can see what I am talking about:  https://www.amazon.com/Lebert-Fitness-07-71049-Equalizer-Bars/dp/B00LY9LFKK)… mine is much lighter than yours, but the base is 24 inches, a little wider than yours 47.5 cm. And I find it a problem. As soon as you apply force a little sideways, they want to tilt… in a way, it could be a good thing to learn how to be precise, but when my clients use them, and they are not as strong or controlled, they have tendency to tilt/fall. I don't like that. Just something to be aware of. Still, it would be better if somebody who tried yours could help you. 

Thank you Suzanna for chiming in. Yesterday, I actually went to a store and tried them, they seem more stable than I thought they will be. Dips and other more basic work can be performed safely on them. I would be afraid to use them for handstand though, but for somebody whose movements are more controlled, it would be possible, I guess. Like you said, you need to be careful about not applying any force sideways.

I actually saw the ones from your link too, but since I am a tall guy, they wouldnt work so well for me. 

So I am gonna buy them. Thanks for helping me make a decision :)

• Like 1