Hi,
I have been doing gymnastic exercises for about 2 months now, and I love it!! I feel like my progress has been all right too. I like it a lot more than my previous weight lifting program at the gym ![]()
But I might be a bit heavy for my height (70 kg, 1,65m), and the gymnastic exercises are quite heavy on my wrists, elbows and shoulders (especially planche exercises)
Should I focus more on strength exercises for these weak spots, or should I carry on with my current program? (below)
A:
- Push ups XR, PPP
- Planche tuck (I have to keep my toes just barely touching the ground, then I can hold for about 6 sec, should I go back to adv. frog instead?)
- Pull ups (bar)
- Front lever tuck XR
- Wall handstand PU on box
- V-ups tuck
- Natural leg curl
- L-sit XR
- Wall extensions
- Wall walks
- Shoulder dislocates
B:
- Dips XR
- Back lever flat tuck
- Wall handstand
- Rows XR Bulgarian
- SLS
- HLL Half+
- Pull ups L XR
- Windshield wipers supine
- Wall extensions
- Wall walks
- Shoulder dislocates
I do each workout (A and B) twice a week.
Is this program good enough, or should I add more exercises for my weak areas? I especially feel that my elbows are weak.
Any comments and tips are greatly appreciated! ![]()