Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Truly Amazing Strength Skills

StevenL

I know a lot of these skills can be replicated by most gymnasts, but towards the end of the video there are a couple that are simply astounding.

First, the clip titled "HFK One Arm Coffins" is a video of Hannibal for King performing one arm front lever pulls.

Second, the last clip entitled "Half and Half" is of Zeph doing an odd muscle up in which he does a one arm chin, then puts his free hand on top of the bar and does a one arm dip to the top position. Click ahead and watch those two, it is definitely worth it.

The one arm front pull was damn impressive!

Besides that these guys are all strong and have amazing physiques, but I don't think most of the moves shown here would belong anywhere in a top 10 strength feat list.It is kinda sad for example that the 'planche pushup routine' didn't spend even 1 second in a proper planche. Then again they are not gymnasts so that gives less reason for them to care.

Yes, the one arm FL pull was intense! I know what you mean, about how these moves would not belong in a "gymnastics" top 10 strength list, but for what these guys do, they definitely fit the title. The Half and Half move was very creative, too. I also wish that one of them would get the full planche with straight arms. But, we have to remember that what they do is almost purely for physique development, and to build in them a sense of dedication and ability to persevere. These guys astound me.

Neal Winkler

Yeah, they do not display virtuosity in their movements (i.e. full range of motion, straight body lines, ect) but I still give them all props, even though a couple of them disrespected gymnasts.

Alvaro Antolinez

As I see it, if they dissrespect gymnastics is because gymnasts are the few who can compete (and win ) with them, so in a way is a kind of respect. 8) .

Great strengh display in that video btw.

Pd. This is not a cause to defend them in this , ya know wich is my side! :wink:

Do they do these moves as exercises or to show off, because one of those things looked like a random combination of moves the guy was making up as he went along

Firstly, the guy that "dissed" gymnasts is named Hassan Yassin(sp?) AKA Giant, of the Bartendaz. None of the guys in this video are affiliated with the Bartendaz, and none of them disrespect gymnasts. In fact, in the comments below the videos on youtube, they admit that they in no way have Olympic level strength.

They do some of the stunts as exercise, some as merely stunts, and some are used as both. They have Saturday "show and tell" sessions in which they show each other their moves they have been working on. The rest of the time it's mostly just training.

I know Ido's topic on the Bartendaz sparked some controversy(love Ido for that kind of thing, by the way), and most people don't know much about the scene that is Brooklyn calisthenics, but the Bartendaz are definitely not well liked in the community. Just wanted to clear that up.