Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miłosz Kubacki

Road to perfect full planche

Recommended Posts

Miłosz Kubacki

Hello. I'm Miłosz from Poland from Street Workout comunity. I have some questions about trainings for full planche. I can do straddle planche, straddle maltese. full maltese but i can't do full planche in perfect form. The second problem is no protraction in planches. How i can improve this? I'm working all the time of sculpa position and i'm focus on perfect form but which exercises are bests for this? How many times i should train for improve my planche and which exercises are bests to increase my holds?

It be easier if you watch my some videos on insta: www.instagram.com/majlosw

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alessandro Mainente

Hi Milosz, If you struggle with protraction means that you have not followed the correct progression on building the planche. the ability to hold progression must be previously mastered in all the previous planche variations, from the elbow plank up to the planche leans. the same concept it is valid for the maltese, no protraction means no shoulders stabilization. At this point, I cannot suggest you to train for the full planche.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miłosz Kubacki

thanks for reply but my problem is - i can hold tuck planche and advenced tuch planche in good form with protraction, the same as leans - I have perfect form. Do you think the ruber powerband should help me to improve protraction in my planche? You can see bellow i do perfect form "I hope :D " and i can't raise my legs although my lean is deep. What do you think?

 

Lean 1 

 

 

Lean 2 

 

 

Edited by Miłosz Kubacki
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alessandro Mainente

The answer it is simple. if you can hold the advanced tuck variation with full protraction but not the straddle maybe the jump from adv tuck to straddle it is too demanding for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Louis Ruggi
On 11/8/2017 at 5:46 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Milosz, If you struggle with protraction means that you have not followed the correct progression on building the planche. the ability to hold progression must be previously mastered in all the previous planche variations, from the elbow plank up to the planche leans. the same concept it is valid for the maltese, no protraction means no shoulders stabilization. At this point, I cannot suggest you to train for the full planche.

Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matic Balantic

In the videos you posted you don't hold the position for more than 2-3 seconds. Why don't you try to build that up first?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Antonio Alías Montoya

I second Matic. Add volume to the previous progressions. I m very far from this, but still i think this recommendation make very much sense. Keep on adding volume. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miłosz Kubacki
20 hours ago, Matic Balantic said:

In the videos you posted you don't hold the position for more than 2-3 seconds. Why don't you try to build that up first?

yes ofc, but only in this video - i can hold 12-15s. How long I should hold that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Everett Carroll

At least double that amount of time. For more specific programming on planche work, I recommend the Foundation Series. The progressions, mobility, and hold times are all programmed for you in that course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oscar Riaño
On 8/11/2017 at 4:50 AM, Miłosz Kubacki said:

thanks for reply but my problem is - i can hold tuck planche and advenced tuch planche in good form with protraction, the same as leans - I have perfect form. Do you think the ruber powerband should help me to improve protraction in my planche? You can see bellow i do perfect form "I hope :D " and i can't raise my legs although my lean is deep. What do you think?

 

Lean 1 

 

 

Lean 2 

 

 

Hi Milosz, this lean planche is not perfect. I agree with all the stated answers above. In order to get a perfect full planche, you need to do a big step back and work towards the progressions with a perfect form. Isometric holds are very muscular specific, and performing a hold with a bad muscular activation is not gonna help you to hold it with a correct form. The fastest way is, as I said, to start with the most basic positions in order to strengthen the specific hold and to learn how to activate your muscles correctly. I had kind of the same problem and did a big step back. I dont regret it at all. In addition, learning a full planche with a correct form is also going to help you achieving harder positions faster, as it could be the maltese. I checked your IG and you would need some serious refinement work. Good luck in your journey sir :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miłosz Kubacki
5 hours ago, Oscar Riaño said:

Hi Milosz, this lean planche is not perfect. I agree with all the stated answers above. In order to get a perfect full planche, you need to do a big step back and work towards the progressions with a perfect form. Isometric holds are very muscular specific, and performing a hold with a bad muscular activation is not gonna help you to hold it with a correct form. The fastest way is, as I said, to start with the most basic positions in order to strengthen the specific hold and to learn how to activate your muscles correctly. I had kind of the same problem and did a big step back. I dont regret it at all. In addition, learning a full planche with a correct form is also going to help you achieving harder positions faster, as it could be the maltese. I checked your IG and you would need some serious refinement work. Good luck in your journey sir :) 

thanks for response. What do you think? I should hold tuck planche yeah? So how many reps and sets i should do and on every traing? Otherwise - planche leans? If you have some good exercises tell me please :) i do yet planche with rubber and im trying to do perfect form

Edited by Miłosz Kubacki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Everett Carroll
17 hours ago, Miłosz Kubacki said:

thanks for response. What do you think? I should hold tuck planche yeah? So how many reps and sets i should do and on every traing? Otherwise - planche leans? If you have some good exercises tell me please :) i do yet planche with rubber and im trying to do perfect form

Our Foundation Series is exactly what you're looking for, Milosz :) You'll work step by step towards a straddle planche with specific sets, reps/hold times, and mobility. You're strong and I think with some more specific programming, you'll have that planche in no time! Begin with Foundation One -the upper body workouts focus on planche- and you'll notice a huge improvement in your planche before you even reach tuck planche work in the later courses. The basics will be fantastic for you and it shouldn't take long at all before you reach specific planche work in Foundation Two, Three, and Four. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oscar Riaño
17 hours ago, Miłosz Kubacki said:

thanks for response. What do you think? I should hold tuck planche yeah? So how many reps and sets i should do and on every traing? Otherwise - planche leans? If you have some good exercises tell me please :) i do yet planche with rubber and im trying to do perfect form

Start by learning to activate the correct muscles with a solid plank position and planche lean. Once you are able to activate the correct muscles (scapular protraction and depression, posterior pelvic tilt, tight abs and gluteous, pointed toes and body completely in a straight line), I suggest that you work towards the progressions and the corresponding correct muscular activation in order to build a strong basis. This may seem to be a super big step back, but it is the shortest way to achieve it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.