Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How have members set rings up in their own house? Help please

Stef Duncan

Stef Duncan

Hi guys,

I dont have particulary high ceilings and my ceilings have recently being plastered at a high cost.

How has everyone mounted their rings in this instance? What exercises have they been able to perform on them??

thanks

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Stef Duncan,

You can mount your rings if you have stairs, outdoors in the park, if you have a pullup bar. If you have stall bars you can mount them there to be able to do your rows. If you have mount in your ceiling, you can do ring muscle ups, front lever, back lever, dips, pullups, pushups and rows.

• Upvote 2

Suzanna McGee

I have my rings in the door frame, on an inexpensive pull up bar from Amazon. I just keep them there all the time and push them to the side when not needed. Maybe not the best set up for advanced things, but I am so far away from that day….  I will figure out something else when the time will come. 

rings.jpg

• Upvote 2

Luke Searra

Suzanna, you can also add climbing clips so they can be removed and convenient. Don't let the lack of space and equipment hamper your training or become excuses in any way, creativity is definitely always the way to go. Good job on the no excuse setup, and when you become ore advanced and have to change we will help you think of a solution.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 0:54 AM, Suzanna McGee said:

I have my rings in the door frame, on an inexpensive pull up bar from Amazon. I just keep them there all the time and push them to the side when not needed. Maybe not the best set up for advanced things, but I am so far away from that day….  I will figure out something else when the time will come. 

Spoiler

rings.jpg

How is that Guitar hanging? What kind of "holder" is that? Is that generally available hardware at Home Depot or McMaster? 

On 6/6/2017 at 9:48 PM, Luke Searra said:

Suzanna, you can also add climbing clips so they can be removed and convenient. Don't let the lack of space and equipment hamper your training or become excuses in any way, creativity is definitely always the way to go. Good job on the no excuse setup, and when you become ore advanced and have to change we will help you think of a solution.

What kind of climbing clips? Please do share a pic or link. 

Edited by Avi Samuel

• 1 month later...
Stewart Whaley

I put eye bolts through a 2x4 on the bottom side, added a washer between eyebolt and wood face.

Top side of board has a washer on the wood face and 2 nuts locking down the top-side of eyebolt.

Then I attached the 2x4 across multiple ceiling joists, one is in the middle of the ring space, two are outside of the ring spacing (19.5 inches or whatever the standard is)

=^=={|}=^={|}==^=

|       |

|       |         

0      0

^ are screws into the ceiling joists; {|} represents eyebolt with washer on bottom side, a washer and two nuts on top side.

Coaches GB rings ( "0") and the straps ( "|" )  should be obvious.

I can patch the two holes in the garage ceiling caused by the eyebolts but likely just  leave the 2x4 attached to garage ceiling when I move.  Eyebolts can be used to hang bicycles, etc. by next family.

I  have weighed as high as 250 lbs while using this ring setup...off and on, for years.

I feel safer when I'm in the 200-205 range but most of my time on the rings has been 220-250 lbs.

In master bathroom doorway I  have a pull-up bar and homemade pvc rings hung by locking tie down straps (rated @225 lbs each, I think).

Nick Murray

If you have an access panel so you can climb into your ceiling, you might be able to attach the rings to the roof supports, and hang them through the panel hole.

There's a picture of someone doing this in one of the form check forums but I can't find it.