Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Genetics based diet tests

Kate Abernethy

Kate Abernethy

Hello,

Does anybody have experience/ advice/ opinion on the genetic based diet tests out there? Examples are those by DNAfit (UK) and 23andme.com (US). I would be interested to know, thank you.

Kate

• 4 weeks later...
Ethan Grossman

I've done a program called LEAP.  It requires a registered dietician to coach you and really get the most out of it.  I used to to accelerate my recovery after Chemo 7 years ago and then again to cure my Migraines. To find it do a google search for LEAP Diet Test.  One downside is that it's hard to find a qualified dietician in your area but some will do teleconference based sessions.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Denis Bokov

I have done both DNAfit and 23andme.com. Both has confirmed my observations and conclusions I came to by experimenting with multiple diets. I would recommend to do 23andme and then upload your data to Rhonda Patrick's tool that will give you analyses of your polymorphisms. Another fun tool is Nutrahacker. It provides a lot of info based on your genes. 

I have been following dietary recommendations based on my genetics and so far maintaining 10% body fat while slowly building more muscle mass. 

• Upvote 1

Luke Searra

Kate I have had a friend that has done DNAfit show me his profile, it was actually very interesting. I would go ahead and give it a try, if for nothing else the sheer interest factor. The profile information that you will receive back is extremely interesting.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.