This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2

Started by Zachary Ladwig, May 5, 2017 · 58 Replies · 1,061 Views

Jeffrey Bittner

Good improvement. Try to think about curling the bottom of your rib cage in towards your spine as you engage your core muscles similar to a hollow body hold.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner 

 

here are this weeks. I do notice that my form gets markedly worse in later sets 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You're right. You are losing a bit of form as you get tired, but you're also making some huge improvements. On your push ups, remember to keep your feet together as well. Could you also post a video of your iM where your entire body is visible?

Zachary Ladwig

@Jeffrey Bittner thank you for the encouraging words. 
 

here is this weeks although I can still see my shoulders slide forwards sometime and my core lose shape especially in the later sets 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You're doing a great job. Remember to protract your scapula at the top of each rep. If possible, I recommend doing your iM standing next to a wall. Try to roll your shoulder from flexion all the way through to extension while your arm is by your ear (or as close as you can).

Zachary Ladwig

@Jeffrey Bittner thanks as always 

This weeks were similar I can clearly see my form is better on set 1 than in any other set. I did move to the wall for the iM. 
 

should I be fewer reps to get good form on later sets? Take longer breaks? Or form is good enough to keep pushing through? 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Good adjustment on the iM. It looks like you are on an appropriate Step for your PE. Your protraction is definitely improving so keep being consistent!

Zachary Ladwig

@Jeffrey Bittner thanks as always 

this week I moved to 4X7 and they felt good but I was disappointed to see in the video my shoulders are sliding forward. Will be careful w this next week

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work. Remember to hit a strong protraction at the top of each rep as well.