This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2

Started by Zachary Ladwig, May 5, 2017 · 58 Replies · 1,061 Views

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! I'm on step 7 and wanted to check to make sure my form was looking okay. Thoughts?

 

 

iM

 

Jon Douglas

Pushups are fine 

Xiaopeng can be cleaned up some.  This is a kind of subtle and complex movement, and it comprises getting the shoulder into extension, as if in a German hang or similar motion, as early as possible after the weight reaches vertical. The turning of the body is to facilitate this.

In this step, it's basically a negative -- lowering slowly and with control through the largest ROM in extension that you are currently capable of. If you can do this perfectly with more than 5kg, I take my hat off to you :)

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! Another video of pushups. I didn't have my elbows in the right position before I don't think.

 

 

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Zachary,

Pretty good job here. I'd like to see a stronger protraction and ppt through the entire movement. At the bottom of each rep you want your hips and chest to touch the ground.

Keep working on it :)

Zachary Ladwig

@Pauline Taube how do these look? 

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Zachary,

nice work. Be sure to tilt your pelvis forward, squeeze your glutes and keep a strong protraction on top of the movement :) 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Pauline Taube how do these look? 

 

I would add that reaching the floor with all the body is imperative, it can be made easier if you point your toes on the floor.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

is this better? It looks like my core breaks down sometimes , need to work on that 

 

I 

Alessandro Mainente

They are better, now you can train them consistently.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

How is my push-up form looking? It has been a slow grind, but just wanted to see if my form is ok this was an extra set and it looks like my core is breaking down a bit 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Zachary, in terms of quality you should work on 2 reps.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente thank you; is this form any better? 

 

Should I go back to the previous exercise? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Zachary, only 2 little tips:

-keep heels together;

-on normal pushup you are not forced to stay on the instep, you can stay on the toes.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainentejust Wanted to do a quick form check to make sure it is all right. How does this look?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainentejust Wanted to do a quick form check to make sure it is all right. How does this look?

 

 

The tempo and the range of motion is ok BUT as already mentioned:

-feet together;

-reach protraction at the top of every reps.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

is this better? I seem to be keeping core tight better

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente

is this better? I seem to be keeping core tight better

 

Yes it is better...now if you look in general to the reps notice that as you begin to move up again you elevate the shoulder to the ears...shoulders must remain firmly down, depressed.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente 

 

is this any better?

 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente 

 

is this any better?

 

Hery Zachary, no. if you slow down the speed you can clearly see that shoulders move closer to the ears as you begin to move up. you MUST move slow and feel the depression every single second. this is the mechanics of the correction.

Zachary Ladwig

Ah okay thanks @Alessandro Mainente next week I will try this 

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

i tried to do a very slow and deliberate set today to see if I could improve form

 

how does it look? Compared to other people’s videos, something still looks off to me but I can’t figure out how to fix it 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente

i tried to do a very slow and deliberate set today to see if I could improve form

 

how does it look? Compared to other people’s videos, something still looks off to me but I can’t figure out how to fix it 

Hi Zachary, basically your lack protraction at the top of the repetition.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente yes I see what you mean.  
 

today I tried to slow and get correct form on a few reps. 
 

how does this look? Protraction seems a bit better? Although I am having to adjust between each rep a lot which seems bad. 
 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente yes I see what you mean.  
 

today I tried to slow and get correct form on a few reps. 
 

how does this look? Protraction seems a bit better? Although I am having to adjust between each rep a lot which seems bad. 
 

 

 

Perfect!

Zachary Ladwig

I recorded my whole set this time to see how my form would change. I can definitely see my core start to lose tension in the later sets