Developing Kick back to standard position on rings and not complete iron cross

Started by Artin Albert, April 11, 2017 · 8 Replies · 4,546 Views

Artin Albert

Guys, what do you think about the way I executed this movement? I'd like you to spot the mistakes . Because my friend says I'm not using enough momentum and that I'm relying more on strength. Also I'd like to know your opinion about how much work I need to get to the full cross(based on the not complete cross I did at the end)

Here's the video:

 

Alessandro Mainente

A Backward roll to support no matter if piked or layed out it is for definition a momentum exercise .if you want to perform it in a straight way you should slow down a lot the speed.

Artin Albert

Thanks for the answer  

Where do you think I should start with the foundation series ?

I have all my splits, back and front lever and straddle planch. I can do piked handstand press on mini parallels. 

Alessandro Mainente

If you have solid bases you should not have problem on mastering the F1-2-3-4. are you a competing gymnast?

Artin Albert
On 4/14/2017 at 1:32 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

If you have solid bases you should not have problem on mastering the F1-2-3-4. are you a competing gymnast?

Sorry for the delayed answer. No I'm not a competing gymnast. I'm almost working on my own without a couch. I have all my splits, back and front lever and straddle planch. I can do piked handstand press on mini parallels. I'd like to progress faster and methodically. Where should I start with this website's courses?

Alessandro Mainente

First master Foundations which comprises 4 modules. then begin rings One.

Artin Albert
17 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

First master Foundations which comprises 4 modules. then begin rings One.

Can't I skip any of the foundation courses due to my current strength level?

Luke Searra

Artin, Its better that you test for mastery or progress from beginning to end in all foundations to make sure you have not created any preparation holes which will lead to possible injury. No shortcuts here I'm afraid.

Coach Sommer

Hello Artin,

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

If you are as strong and prepared as you think you are, then the foundation courses will only take you a few months to complete.

If not, then you will have had the good fortune to discover deficiencies in your physical preparation before they have a chance to lead to unnecessary injury.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer