Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Form with 'skin the cat'

Danny

Hey guys,

When doing the Skin the Cat, is it oke to lift yourself a bit with your arms, or should I maintain straight arms and lift my legs up all the way? Cause when I use my arms it seems to be easier..

Does anyone have a detailed description or video on how to do the skin the cat?

Thanks, Danny.

EDIT: I moved this post as it will see more action, and might help people with similar questions find it - hope that's OK, George.

George Launchbury

Hi Danny,

Do you mean the part where you pull yourself from the start position (hanging right-way-up) to inverted, or pulling back out of the middle position (over backwards with the shoulder stretch)? I'd prefer to leave it to proper gymnasts/coaches to comment on what is good/bad form for now ...Just wanted to clarify the question a little.

Cheers,

George.

Hi George,

I mean the part where you'll pull yourself up to inverted, and then especially the really beginning.. Should my arms remain straight or am I allowed to bent them a little (by pulling myself up a little)?

Thanks for making me clarify my question. :wink:

Greets.

Edward Smith

It would be best to keep your arms locked but if you are unable (or it brings you to near death) to pull out of a german hang with straight arms you can use bent. Of much more importance is focusing on not leading your lift with your hips, it should be your whole torso as one.