Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Slizzardman's Body lever/GHR/NLC and RLL set up!

Joshua Naterman

Joshua Naterman

Ok, I know lots of people asked about my equipment, and the video is up!!! Two, actually. One for RLL and one for my body lever contraption. These are both ultra easy, all you need is wood, a drill, pipe, and screws. And that's to build BOTH!

Ok, here are the videos:

Body lever/GHR/NLC:

43oHneX2FE8

RLL:

UAC37hdiqsg

Richard Duelley

Ha! My feet always cramp up when I do body levers too :mrgreen: Monday was my first day doing every rep of my 3 sets (5 reps) all the way to the ground! I was doing partials and negatives for a long time and all it took for me to do full reps was me just sucking it up and going for it. 8)

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHA, ah, that stupid, stupid box. That was supposed to go out weeks ago but the roommates keep not putting it out. I'm almost never there on trash days, so eventually I'm just going to have to stay there on garbage day.

Nifty, you know what makes it worse?! The Frakkin' COLD!!!

JL, just you wait, I have some really awesome ideas that are really more useful for people who want to get bigger than for people specifically interested in gymnastics, but I'm going to show how to use the rings as the ultra super cable machine replacement, the ultimate tool for massive chest strength and development!It won't transfer quite as much to the gymnastics specifically, though it will help, but I will show how to use the rings to create more resistance than you could ever get with a cable machine or weighted dips. OOOH, it's evil. MUUUAAHAHAHAHA!

.....but I'm going to show how to use the rings as the ultra super cable machine replacement, the ultimate tool for massive chest strength and development!....but I will show how to use the rings to create more resistance than you could ever get with a cable machine or weighted dips. OOOH, it's evil. MUUUAAHAHAHAHA!

I'd be interested in seeing that. I am just about to start doing weighted dips on the rings as I have now progressed to the point where my stability, ROM and reps would indicate adding some weight. I'd like to see what alternatives you propose.

Joshua Naterman

It's nothing I haven't talked about, actually, but I'll be putting a video up. Just set your rings wider than normal. You'll be surprised at how quickly it becomes impossible to even support yourself. I'd start with moving each ring 6" further out than you normally have them, with a total extra width of 12". That will be noticeable, but not too bad I don't think. As you get wider and wider, your chest and arms are going to have to work harder and harder each inch. Each inch adds more resistance than the last, because the angle increases. Play with it, it's quite humbling! Just don't try to go too wide too fast, because your tendons need to strengthen as well. This ends up being a great way to slowly build Iron Cross strength as well! You can do this with pull ups and FL rows as well. Always try to pull your arms towards your body as you contract the muscles, that's where the extra weight comes in!

I'm doing the XR workout tonight at the gym so for my warmup I'll set the rings a little wider than normal to try what you say. Not sure if I should do some weighted work for a few weeks prior? But I'll try your method first and see how I feel...

Hey, just like to say the video´s are great :) It´s nice to be able to see the exercises, and ofcourse the idea´s you add to them :)

Joshua Naterman

JL: Cool! Let me know what you think. I definitely think weighted work is good in moderation, don't take what I said as me advocating staying away from weighted work. I'm just saying that for the chest and other arm adducting muscles the wider rings are the most difficult thing you can do. I can't even support myself properly with 48 inches between the rings, much less attempt to do a dip.

Aviv: Thanks!

Triangle: good idea! I'm going to need to make something to grip onto, I'll probably end up running ropes under the frame of the power rack.