This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL PE2 form check

Started by Garry Barker, February 6, 2017 · 80 Replies · 1,496 Views

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Garry,

It looks nice. Great work! On your PE, be careful not to drop the hips too low. In the middle of your video you picked up a small arch in the lower back. Towards the end you went back to a tight position.

Garry Barker

Thanks Jeffrey

Will keep an eye on that.

Garry Barker

Just moved onto PE4. Any tips appreciated.

Thank you

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Garry!

this looks pretty solid! Please include a front view as well in your next submission.

Garry Barker

Here is a front view 

 

Pauline Taube

Very nice work Garry :) You may want to keep your feet slightly further apart in order to keep the hips completely square :) 

Garry Barker

Ok thanks for the advice 

Garry Barker

Made it to the final IM first of many i hope.

How is it looking please?

Thank you!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Great job, Garry! It looks good.

Garry Barker

Ive worked up to 7 sets of 30s on this one just to be sure. On the 5th set i start shaking slightly and I shake on the next 2. 

This is tbe 7th set. Does it pass for mastery?

Thank you 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Garry can you film in from the side completely?

Garry Barker

Yeah sure ill do it when i get home today.

 

Garry Barker

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

Here is a side view as requested.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Remember to keep strongly your shoulder down so that you can activate your traps.

Garry Barker

Ok thank you.  I will keep working at it

 

Garry Barker

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

Pushing down the shoulder made a huge difference and dropped me down to 4 sets so worked back up to 7 and checking for mastery again. Hopefully I have it right this time. Still abit of shaking on this set

Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

I can clearly see  the engagement of the shoulder depression. now I like it!! nice work!

Garry Barker

Felt good to read that.

Thank you Alessandro.

Garry Barker

Ive been really looking forward to planch leans and they are REALLY tough. 

I know this is nowhere near perfect and i could only hold for a few seconds but wanted to log my first attempt and get some advice.

Thank you

 

Tanya Hill

I see gains Garry! Love the entry :)

Garry Barker

Hey @Alessandro Mainente   @Jeffrey Bittner

How it the form please? I can hold this for 5 sets of 9/10 seconds. Should i keep pushing for more time in this position or would it be better to have less lean and and hold for longer?

Thank you.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Lovely form.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Garry,

Awesome job! Try to maintain your current form as you work to increasing the duration of your hold.

Garry Barker

Ok will keep at it. 

Thank you for the input Jeffrey and Alessandro. 

Garry Barker

Hi all

Hoping I've finally got to mastery on this on. I managed 5 x 30s then 3 sets of around 18 - 20s

Any improvement needed before moving on please?

Thsnk you.