This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL PE2 form check

Started by Garry Barker, February 6, 2017 · 80 Replies · 1,496 Views

Garry Barker

 

I can I get a form check please. not sure if i'm holding it to straight if that makes sence.

Thank you

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Garry,

Your form looks great. Nice job!

Garry Barker

That's good to hear. Just the mobility to keep working hard on again ha!

Thank you Jeffery

 

Alessandro Mainente

I like your line, BUT keep the hands in front of the shoulders, this means that the forearms must be parallel.

Garry Barker

OK thanks I will focus on that. The videos show the hands together. Does parallel arms make the hold more difficult? (which i'm all for as it makes the next step easier) but just wondering.

Thanks Alessandro

Garry Barker

Hi could I get a PE2>IM form check please

Thank you

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Garry,

It looks pretty good. Keep working on opening your hips more. Think about elevating the legs more as you extend them. Also, remember to pause for a moment with your leg extended on each rep.

It's looking good, keep it up!

Garry Barker

Thank you for the advice Jeffrey I will work on that

 

Garry Barker

HI again

Could I get a form check please. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work Garry. You are doing a great job of protracting the scapula as well as keeping PPT. You are picking up a bit too much hollow in your spine as you hold. Work on flattening out the middle of your back while still keeping strong protraction. Nice job!

Greg White
6 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice work Garry. You are doing a great job of protracting the scapula as well as keeping PPT. You are picking up a bit too much hollow in your spine as you hold. Work on flattening out the middle of your back while still keeping strong protraction. Nice job!

Hi Garry,

I found that depressing the shoulders (away from ears) helped me flatten the mid back. It did make the exercise harder for me as it engaged the lats more.

Garry Barker

Thank you both for the advise. I'm not sure if i'm understanding the flat mid back. I think i'm depressing the shoulders like Greg advised but not sure if i'm doing it correctly. Is this better or worse? 

 

Greg White
2 hours ago, Garry Barker said:

Thank you both for the advise. I'm not sure if i'm understanding the flat mid back. I think i'm depressing the shoulders like Greg advised but not sure if i'm doing it correctly. Is this better or worse? 

 

Obviously get a coaches opinion but I like the shape at 13 secs. 

Garry Barker

Thanks Greg Hopefully they will agree.

This movement is a lot more technical than I imagined (for me anyway)

Garry Barker
On 14/03/2017 at 5:55 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice work Garry. You are doing a great job of protracting the scapula as well as keeping PPT. You are picking up a bit too much hollow in your spine as you hold. Work on flattening out the middle of your back while still keeping strong protraction. Nice job!

Hi Jeffrey am I getting anywhere close?

Thanks

Jeffrey Bittner

@Garry Barker It looks good. Nice adjustment.

Garry Barker

Great. Thank you

Garry Barker

Hi

Just wondering in the IM form is looking any better 

Thanks

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Garry,

You're on the right track. You are doing a nice job of elevating your right leg, however your knee is still slightly bent on each rep. Keep working on elevating your left leg more as you extend it.

Garry Barker

Hi Jeffrey.

Thank you for the advise, I didn't notice the knees bending. Is it OK for the legs to go higher than level?

Jeffrey Bittner

Great question! The more ROM the better. If you can elevate the leg above him level, that's awesome. Just be careful that you do not "fake" ROM by arching the back or rotating the pelvis.

Garry Barker

Good advice I'll keep that in mind. 

Thanks again Jeffrey

Garry Barker

Hi

Just wondering if my form is anywhere close to mastery. Thanks

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Garry,

Nice improvement. Your right leg looks much better, however, the left leg still needs a bit of work. As you extend the left leg, you are rotating the pelvis slightly. It has gotten a lot better. Keep up the good work!

Garry Barker

Thanks Jeffrey will keep working at it