This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL PE2 form check

Started by Garry Barker, February 6, 2017 · 80 Replies · 1,496 Views

Garry Barker

OK so I can do the 5 x 10r quite easily now but still not sure if I'm rotating the pelvis on the left

Thanks again

 

 

Garry Barker

HI 

Any advise please

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Garry Barker,

Good work on the mobility. Although your kicking your legs a bit too high. make sure its parallel with your upper body and try to pause on top of each rep and really contract the glutes. You are going a bit too fast. Keep working on it. :)

Garry Barker

Will keep working at it.

Thanks Leo.

Garry Barker

Hi

This is my 5th set but I've slowed them all down and lowered my legs. how is it looking now please 

thanks in advance

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome work, Garry. It looks good!

Garry Barker

Thanks Jeffrey

First progression I've mastered in about 7 months. It's a great feeling, especially because I remember how difficult and awkward these felt in the beginning compared to now.

Jeffrey Bittner

That's great to hear, Garry! I'm looking forward to seeing even more of your progress in the future.

Garry Barker

Just moved onto this progression but trying not to hold onto the horse to avoid any strain on my elbows so not sure if this is effecting my form in any way.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you. 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Garry,

Nice work. At the beginning of your set you have a bit of trouble getting the hips completely open. By the end of your set you are doing a nice job of opening them all the way. Work on opening your hips completely throughout your set.

Awesome job!

Garry Barker

Thanks Jeffrey will keep working at it

Garry Barker

Is this looking better or am I completely misunderstanding?

Thanks again

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Garry,

I apologize for the confusion. I was referring to the elevation of the legs rather than the distance between your feet. In your previous video the distance between your feet looked good, but you were not elevating your feet (opening the hips) completely at the beginning of your set. Towards the end the elevation of the legs looked good in your previous submission.

Garry Barker

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner

I think I get it now. :facepalm:

Garry Barker

I've had another look at the technique video. Hopefully I have it right this time.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome job, Garry. You've got it!

Garry Barker

Thanks Jeffrey

I could just manage 5 x 6 reps max when first starting these but since have been putting all my concentration on correct form without realising I can now do 5 x 12 reps with ease.

I know this is mobility and not strength but still another interesting lesson learned.

Plus I've just realised realised there is only 5 x 5r needed for mastery. Bonus!

Garry Barker

How is this looking please?

I can see movement in my left foot but not sure if this acceptable or not?

 

Thanks 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Garry, when reaching the support with the bent knee try to reach the center of it and not to the side.

Garry Barker

Ok will do that 

Thanks Alessandro

 

Garry Barker

Hey

How's this looking now please? It feels solid but can still see the movement in my foot

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice tempo ,coordination and range of movement.

Garry Barker

Good to hear

Thanks Alessandro

 

 

Garry Barker

How do these look please

I recorded the 6th set for the PE and seem to have a change in position towards the end of the set compared to the beginning mabe fatigue kicking in?

This doesn't match the PE level because I've only doing IM due to elbow injurys so abit ahead. 

Thank you!

Garry Barker

bump