Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CNN: Uncovering secrets to a longer life

Adrien Godet

The following is an article on CNN about a study of the several parts of the world where life expectancy is the longest and degenerative diseases the least pro-eminent.

It seems to go against some paleo ideas so I am interested to have people's opinion on it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/ ... t=C2&imw=Y

Extracts:

"For that past eight years, my team of scientists and National Geographic researchers have explored five parts of the world -- "Blue Zones" -- where people live measurably longer lives."

"We found that all five Blue Zones possessed the same nine lifestyle characteristics. Among them: a low-meat, plant-based diet (all of them ate a lot of beans) and a ritual of "downshifting" each day. "

"The secret to longevity, as I see it, has less to do with diet, or even exercise, and more to do with the environment in which a person lives: social and physical."

• 4 weeks later...

I'll venture a guess. The paleo diet works not because it's "paleo" but because it eliminates trans fats, processed carbs, and large amounts of sodium. All the other stuff the paleo diet says is bad is actually fine.

(I bet this thread gets a little more lively now. :wink: )

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.