Hello, new curious member from Winslow Maine here.
Do you think these program(s) would be appropriate for someone like me with scoliosis? I'm 51, 6.4" tall, 170 LBS, decent shape but alot of aches and pains from joints and muscles due (I'm sure) to my scoliosis. I want to kick it up a notch (or 3) and be in the best shape of my life. Here's my daily routing now, and a bit about my scoliosis.
I've had some luck with some of the eGoscue excercises. I have scoliosis and also spend 3-4 hours per day at computer. Every other day, I do:
A bunch of egoscue stretches or "e cises" geared toward back, shoulders and neck.
Then I use Bowflex every 3 days for strenght, (total body, 3 sets of 15 mostly. Whenever I start doing anything heavier, lower rep, I find myself injuring myself)
I do 30-50 mins light aerobics at least 6 days per week (1 hour walk, or 30 minute excercise bike). Then I add things here and there (extra air squats, bridges, trunk excercises, etc.)
I want to add muscle for stability. And I'm determined to get rid of 80% of my neck, shoulder and back discomfort. They are:
Ache in neck
VERY tight traps
trigger point discomfort left front rib, right upper lumbar near spine.
right shoulder mimic bicep tendon injury (could also be bursa or rotator cuff....??)
My xrays show: I have a lumbar scoliosis convex right or curved toward the right of 26 deg. with an apex at L2. Also have a thoracic scoliosis convex left of less than 10 deg.
In reading about these programs, I'm getting the impression that things like the "thoracic bridge" might be literally life changing, so I'd like to spend some time investigating. Any thoughts you have would be welcome, even if that thought is, "Hey, this probably isn't for you!"