Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

V-sit form check

Guest Vasyl Havrylyuk

Guest Vasyl Havrylyuk

Hi everyone, I publish here my current level of V-sit, which I consider still very basic, I would be grateful to be told me how you see it, I have 75º feet, I have a little bit to get it to 90º but I have been doing that for several months (more six months), It costs quite as much to raise more the feet as the times of endurance.

Currently I do the following v-sit exercises: V-sit attempts (climb up to the limit ), L-sit with weight (2, 4, 6 and 10KG), L-sit Lifts on floor (I climb to my v-sit limit and down) and the full abwheel. Is there a better exercise or one that needs to be replaced?

Thanks in advance

Regards!

Edited by Vasyl Havrylyuk
Correction

Alessandro Mainente

THE form lacks of both physical and technical requirements. compression it is not enough and also the shoulders are moved backward while the primarily goal it is so move the hips forward.

• Upvote 2

Guest Vasyl Havrylyuk
On 11/12/2016 at 10:46 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

THE form lacks of both physical and technical requirements. compression it is not enough and also the shoulders are moved backward while the primarily goal it is so move the hips forward.

ok, thanks for you answer Alessandro, so in the V-sit do not lift the hip? Only the legs as if it were a pike pulse?

Regards!

Guest Vasyl Havrylyuk
On 12/13/2016 at 3:34 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

the hips are moved forward and upward.

Hi Alex, thanks for your help! how do you see the form in the next video?

I'm not sure what about you say with moving your hips forward and upward. Does the hip have to fit shoulder height?

Regards! ;)

Correction

Everett Carroll

Hi Vasyl,

My suggestion is to begin training Foundation One. The Manna progressions in that course will provide much greater long term progress with your shoulder extension/compression training. You have some deficits that are better corrected using easier progressions. 

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Vasyl Havrylyuk

New progress guys!

Lately I am training very hard doing work compression, pike, pancake and shoulder extension, how do you see it? :D I think in few days I 'll hold it for 3-4 seconds.

Regards!

Alessandro Mainente

Not bad but there is still too much leaning backward while the primarily goal must be push the hips forward.

• Upvote 3

Guest Vasyl Havrylyuk
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Not bad but there is still too much leaning backward while the primarily goal must be push the hips forward.

Ok Alex, do you mean to lift hips higher up without leaning so far back? I think for now I have to greatly improve the pike to touch my legs with my forehead without falling

Alexander Egebak
On 13/1/2017 at 8:19 PM, Vasyl Havrylyuk said:

New progress guys!

Lately I am training very hard doing work compression, pike, pancake and shoulder extension, how do you see it? :D I think in few days I 'll hold it for 3-4 seconds.

Regards!

Straighten your legs, point your toes and keep feet together as well.

Everett Carroll
On 1/14/2017 at 3:50 AM, Vasyl Havrylyuk said:

Ok Alex, do you mean to lift hips higher up without leaning so far back?

Exactly

• Upvote 1

Although the mechanics need work, good job and effort Alexander. Do not hesitate to keep us updated with your progress.

• Upvote 1

Alexander Egebak

Form-wide that looks solid! Keep up the good work.

Only comment would be to refine your toe-point but that is only a minor issue.

while you may want to minimize the lean you also need to take into consideration there is a balance point.  you cant have your arms perpendicular to the ground with the weight of your hips and legs in front of you, even some of coaches athletes as children with lighter legs when pushing into the manna, while at a similar orientation to your vsit they were leaning considerably far back.  it is like trying to press to handstand without any lean forward what so ever.  without the right body dimensions it just isnt possible and coach himself said on not to long ago on these forums that there will be some lean.

• Upvote 1

Love the Manna soundtrack and progress updates Vasyl! Keep them coming

• 1 month later...
Guest Vasyl Havrylyuk

Hi guys, I post a small advance in isometric endurance of v-sit, I am not sure if I am advancing at a good rate, how you see it? I think I should give it more training weekly frequency and focus more on compression work apart the shoulder extension/flexion (I work on that currently)

PD: I still have difficulties in pointing my toes up, could be lack of mobility? lack of concentration?

Regards, ;)

Alexander Egebak

It might be mobility. Try a normal L-sit and focus the toe point; if unable to improve consider spending some time in a seiza position.

• Upvote 1

Guest Vasyl Havrylyuk
On 3/8/2017 at 7:08 AM, Alexander Egebak said:

It might be mobility. Try a normal L-sit and focus the toe point; if unable to improve consider spending some time in a seiza position.

Ok, thank you Alex :) I know the seiza position and I think I should do more this exercise because I note a some difficulty when I doing it.

2 days ago I tried point my toes during V-sit but I hold the position very little, I also think it is lack of strength in posterior deltoid? or tríceps? forearm maybe?, so for now I thought on focus more to the seiza position, the tuck v-sit and the middle split hold as the primary job of V-sit.

Picture:

Video: url (second part)

Regards!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Vasyl Havrylyuk

My last update (2 weeks ago)

I've decided I'm going to leave training V-sit/Manna directly, instead I'm going to train seated straddle pulses, seated pike holdings, standing pikes, supine shoulder extension and bridge/handstands for improve my flexion shoulders.

So, I wont to train directly Manna until I can to do full steated pike, something like that but putting hands on the ground:

And a good ROM on supine shoulder extension.

Within 1 month I will try again V-sit/Manna and maybe there is a good progress :P 

Regards, ;) 

Alexander Egebak

I would strongly recommend at least 1-2 holds of your current manna progression per manna training session as to condition your straight arm work as well as take care of the proprioceptive part of manna (translate strength and mobility gained into the position itself.

Other than that it sounds like a good idea. Keep grinding.

Guest Vasyl Havrylyuk
On 13/5/2017 at 7:29 PM, Alexander Egebak said:

I would strongly recommend at least 1-2 holds of your current manna progression per manna training session as to condition your straight arm work as well as take care of the proprioceptive part of manna (translate strength and mobility gained into the position itself.

Other than that it sounds like a good idea. Keep grinding.

Thank you for the answer Alex :) I was also thinking do some V-sit / Manna attemp but look, I train Planche 3-4 times a week, with sessions of 1 to 2h, the rest of days I make mobility and rest, to be able to recover from the shoulder trainings (Planche), so I don't know how I could incorporate the V-sit / Manna attempts into my training without  interfering my planche workouts. Currently mi workouts' plan is this: 

• Planche (progressions, free and assisted hspu, more progressiones and negatives to Straddle L from handstand) - Rest - Planche (the same as the other day) - Mobility (Manna, mainly strength compression exercises and shoulder extension) and start again.

So, I was thinking maybe I could doing V-sit/Manna on the planche day as finally exercise, or 2-3 hours later, what do you think?

Thanks in advance :)

Regards, ;)

• 2 months later...
Laine Rinehart

I don't have much to add in regard to your vsit but as far as legbehind head you seem very curled in the back to maintain the position especially in skandasana or the standing version when you fold forward. It's extremely helpful to receive adjustments in this posture so you learn how to sit up right and actively bend the knee to push the leg further down toward the line of the shoulders rather than the neck. Without a partner you can do a recline on the floor and press into the ground to flatten your back or you could use a wall.