Find results in...

Show your homegym

Getinthecar

Thought I would share my homegym. :D Maybe you guys could show yours too

DSCF0457.jpg

DSCF3533.jpg

DSCF3549.jpg

DSCF3534.jpg

Where the dipbelt hang is now a climbing rope!

DSCF3524.jpg

DSCF3514.jpg

DSCF3511.jpg

DSCF3496-1.jpg

I love my stall bars

Very nice. What is the brand on the glute/ham apparatus? That looks nice and simple.

It's from Simple products. But it's a roman chair not a GHD. I do my GHR's on the lowest bar of my stall bars

I forgot the name! I want to get something like that for archups. I have been trying a few arrangements with what I have, but it still is not quite right.

I forgot the name! I want to get something like that for archups. I have been trying a few arrangements with what I have, but it still is not quite right.

I know what you mean. I've also tried different stuff to make archups work but this works great. Also, I can do reverse leg lifts If I lay down the other way and hold the middle bar. (you following me?) It works quite ok

Joshua Naterman

This is a quick tour of my gym. The only thing missing is a view of my rings set up, which is outside. Unfortunately, it was dark outside at the time of filming so I did not try to capture that.

I have homemade parallel bars, a power rack with several items attached to it, and parallettes.

The attachments to the power rack are a homemade 3" thick barbell attached to truck straps, rated at 433lbs each safe working load. They are rated at 1333 lbs. More than strong enough to be a safe spotting system! There is a second set of straps for the squats, and I talk about the advantages of my set up.

I start at the bottom on all my lifts. Why? Because in real life that's where you start. If you have to lift something off of you, it is probably pinning you down. That means you're lifting dead weight off of your chest. If you have to lift something off of someone, you generally have to start at the bottom of a squat and start lifting from there. So, bottom position work prepares you for real situations better than starting off of a rack near the top of the movement

vcLABwj2Mao

Slizzardman,

Can you give some additional specs on your parallel bars?

What are they made from? What diameter? Are they joined at the bottom by the two pieces running perpendicular? If so, how do you move them closer together?

mark

Slizzardman,

Can you give some additional specs on your parallel bars?

What are they made from? What diameter? Are they joined at the bottom by the two pieces running perpendicular? If so, how do you move them closer together?

mark

Never mind about the joined question, I watched the video close and saw they were separate, almost like giant parallettes. How did you make your pommel attachments?

Joshua Naterman

Yes, giant paralletes :) They are made out of threaded RMC(Rigid Metallic Conduit). You can buy it at home depot for about 20 bucks per 10 feet. 60 bucks buys enough for the bars, at least when I purchased them. Then there's the fittings, at about 3 bucks each and 8 fittings the total becomes around 100 dollars total after tax. I used two pipe wrenches to get everything together.

I took nice metal concrete floats and drilled holes into them so I could attach blocks cut from 2x4's to fit my bars exactly. To make them more stable(though honestly, they're fine as they are in my opinion, but certainly not rock solid) you could measure how deep the groove for the pipe has to be, put one set of 2x4 blocks on with screws and then put bolts through the wood so you can bolt on an under-block with wing nuts to make it super stable. There are probably more convenient ways to do it but I am really tired and not trying to think too hard!

John Sapinoso

Sliz,

Thanks for the tip on the stall bars. I was trying to find a way to use one of the other poles on the power rack but failed to discover the elusive obvious and use those.

Joshua Naterman
Is it 2" or 1-1/2"?

It looks pretty solid. Can you do swinging dips on them?

They are actually 1.25 inch pipe, so somewhere around 1.7 inches on the outside. I guess you could call it 1-1/2" to be safe. Yes, I can do swinging dips on them no problem. I don't do them right now because I'm honestly not ready! I practiced some a while back just to test, and they are darn sturdy. And, for those of you who care, those bars don't bounce.

Ts00n: You're welcome! I made an even uglier solution on my power rack today that works a little better, I use the bar catches and safety pin to hang the 45 lb bar and a 6 foot wooden dowel as the two important horizontal bars for stall bar HLL! It's ugly as hell with everything I put on it, but it works even better because I can use my pull up bar, which is only a few inches forward of the bars when i do it that way, so it's like being at the top of a real set of stall bars!

I also just made a reverse leg lift/reverse hyperextension bench for my stall rack. It's freaking AWESOME!!! I am starting slow, with just 20 lbs. My body isn't used to the motion yet, so I'm being cautious. I'm sure these will help my deadlift, not that it needs it lol! I'll have to post pics of that soon. It's the most simple design ever!