As the title says! Little background - I've broken the thing three times now. (1 Barton's and 2 scaphoid) and now have chronic synovitis, with a "small" cyst (crystallised ganglion, so can't be aspirated) which enjoys nesting itself between the scaphoid bone and the capitate. Hand clinic will not remove it due to it's positioning and risk of nerve damage being too likely. So I'm at a loss. My left wrist has a great ROM and level of strength, with a doorframe to balance on i can handstand on that alone, however I can only hold a 'normal' handstand for around 3-4 seconds with this hand method (which I regularly get told off by well meaning people who have tried coming up with things that haven't really worked....)
I've already been told I'll dislocate my thumb, I wont, I *can* dislocate my thumbs when I want to, it doesn't hurt, they go back in extremely easily, they're actually rather strong thumbs lol
Anyway, should I just keep practicing like this? Does anyone know of anyone who successfully holds a handstand like this? Or is it really, really futile and a complete waste of time? Thank you for reading! Off to explore the rest of the forum now ![]()
I've hid pic in a spoiler thing just because it's massive and i dont know how to resize it! sorry!