Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you think about this guy

Rampage

I couldn't quite make out what he said. Kind of hard to say in what context he means it. I'm sure he must know a ring man could do that. Probably referring to some of the 'other' dudes on the calisthenics scene wanting to say they did that way before him. I need to see what else he has been up to.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

amazing physique and strength but lacks the form and finesse of a gymnast

I've seen this video before. Its amazing, considering he probably didn't have much guidance or formal training

I'm now sure what he was doing at 1:44, it looked like a weird combination between dips and a back lever

The impressive thing is that he's holding the horizontal bars.. but still pretty sure its no one of a kind move

The impressive thing is that he's holding the horizontal bars.. but still pretty sure its no one of a kind move

Agreed!! That's the most impresive. I know I couldn't have grip like that.

Agreed!! That's the most impresive. I know I couldn't have grip like that.

If you noticed, he has gloves on for that scene.

glowes or no glowes. His grip is insane.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like that is the weak link for gymnasts. Jovtchev slipped on the finger rail at Sasuke, and Paul also lost his grip due to wet apparatus. Is that from becoming dependent on so much chalk or rosin?

Nick Van Bockxmeer

well

back arched, very abbreviated rom, doesn't fully straighten elbows and shoulders at the top, hands much wider than shoulder width, shoulders fairly closed throughout.

so yes there is room for improvement. as always - low reps good form will build more strength.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy says at 1:44 that what he does "hasn't been done" by someone else before.

Yuri did something similar on the rings, except his arms were straight. Maltese -> back lever -> maltese