Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rings and Exercising at home

Nick Frasca

I want to start the Foundation One series but I am reading that the required equipment includes rings? I am just a beginner at working out and exercising so please forgive me if the follwoing question is crude. Who has rings at their house or the space to set them up..I thought this was an "at-home" workout program? Are there rings that can be purchased for home use that I may be ignorant about (very possible since I don't know my away around a gym)? Any direction or insights greatly appreciated? 

Also, reading ahead, I am noticing that rope climbs is a later on  exercise..how can a rope climb be done at home?  Again, I thought minimal equipment was necessary so I am very confused as I am one day away from completing the Fundamentals Series. Thanks!

Edited by Nick Frasca
typo

Everett Carroll

Hi Nick,

Rings are required for only one of the movement categories in our Foundation series. The rings found in the GB Gear store, or any like them, are easy to setup on a pull-up bar, tree, etc. They are only used for basic row variations at first and a rope is not needed for a very long time. Much of the rope climb progression is preparation for rope climbs, mostly requiring rings and a pull-up bar. 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/gear/ is where the GB Xtreme rings are sold. 

I hope this makes things a bit more clear. 

@Everett Carroll For those of us living in the Gulf desert with limited access to trees :) Is there a recommended pull up bar that doesn't take much space? Maybe a wall mounted solution that can stand the weight? 

Also are stall bars a must in the Foundation series?

Last question, at what point in the Foundation series would we need a radically different setup? For example, higher rings hanging from ceiling, rope, other equipment, etc? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Bilal, this standalone version it is a good solution as a bar or rings support

https://www.amazon.com/Barbell-Power-Rack-Exercise-Stand/dp/B00HYQP72O/ref=sr_1_12?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1474828981&sr=1-12&keywords=pullup+bar

Since foundations 2 a decent pair of pbars are stall bar is required.

• Upvote 1

Everett Carroll

Hi Bilal, 

I don't have a wall mounted/doorway pull-up bar so I don't have specific brand advice for those. Stahl bars are really nice and eventually you will want to build or buy some, but you can work around them for a long time. Rope and a taller ring setup won't be needed until late into the Foundation series.