This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What's for DINNER? {Take a Photo}

Started by William Trask, July 11, 2016 · 59 Replies · 1,463 Views

William Trask

Take a Photo and Show Me What's for Dinner?
- Great way to be accountable while sharing food ideas.

 

Tonight's Dinner served with a large glass of water
Protein: Grilled Steak w/ Montreal Seasoning
Cooked Veggie: Asparagus (cooked in coconut oil)
Raw Veggie: Spinach, Arugula, Pepper Salad
Starch: Sweet Potato Chips {baked with olive oil)

Cook & Prep Time: ~20min
 

IMG_2791.JPG

Jeff Serven

Good topic, good post, keep em' going!

Fabio Genesoni

Yesterday I was in a hurry so I cooked a quick dinner. :)


Protein: beef steak cooked in a pan with 1 teaspoon of clarified butter and spices.
Starch: Basmati rice with organic extra virgin olive oil and Gomashio.
Veggie: frozen artichoke cooked in hot water, salt, oil and some chive.

 

Before and after pics

IMG_20160709_200357530.jpg

IMG_20160711_122104.jpg

Julia Quigley

Slightly off the topic, but here is today's lunch:

Baby kale/spring mix salad with cherry tomatoes, flank steak slices, olive oil, and blue cheese. 

Side of sweet potatoes mashed with fresh cranberries, orange rind, fresh squeezed orange juice, and butter. 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

William Trask

Tonight's Dinner:

Protein: Chicken Breast w/ Montreal Seasoning
Cooked Veggie: Asparagus (cooked with Cocunut Oil)
Raw Veggie: Spinach, Arugula, Carrot, Pepper Salad
Starch: Butternut Squash w/ butter, cinnamon, salt

Prep & Cook Time: 1hr 20min (all about the Squash... super slow but so yummy) everything else ~15min

FYI: My cooking skills on a scale of 0-10, I'm maybe a 2 (I'm a lousy cook... but I'm trying to Thrive)

FullSizeRender.jpg

Julia Quigley

@William Trask, that looks great! So long as you enjoy what you're eating, you're a great cook ;) 

Tonight I made soup for dinners for the next four nights. It's a chicken chowder--

Vegetables: carrots, celery, and onion

Starch: red potatoes 

Protein: shredded chicken (I made some in advance and had it in the freezer ready to go). 

Thickened with cream and potato starch. 

 

image.jpeg

William Trask

While it's not Dinner, here is a lunch I'm trying:

Fat: 1/4 Avocado & Salad Dressing
Protein: Sardines
Veggie: Mixed Greens Salad with Pepers
Starch: Fresh Peach

Side note: I've never ate sardines and from what I heard they are gross (acquired taste). I admit I didn't really want to try them, but understand they are a great source for DHA/EPA/Omega3. To my surprise the marinara these were soaked in made the taste unremarkable (not horrible nor not my favorite food, just a neutral meat flavor). Only weird part was pulling out the spinal cord and vertebra from the sardine!  

FullSizeRender.jpg

Douglas Wadle
3 hours ago, William Trask said:

Only weird part was pulling out the spinal cord and vertebra from the sardine!

William,  I have your solution!  No need to pull out the bones!  Just eat it all.  Good source of nutrients. :P

 

William Trask

@Douglas Wadle Yeah... I debated doing that. Wasn't up for it.

 

As for Tonight's Dinner:

Protein: Chicken Breast
Cooked Veggie: Brussle Sprouts, Carrots
Starch: Squash Chips

IMG_2821.JPG

Mark Schoenhard

Dinner:  Deer meatballs slow cooked in a crock pot with an egg, chili pepper, gelatin flakes, sea salt and pepper.  Brussel sprouts and broccoli were roasted in bison bone broth.  White rice.

Deer meatballs.JPG

Tanya Hill

Wow amazing! I love seeing all these delicious food posts. Keep the inspiration coming! 

Ryan Bailey

Nice seeing what others are preparing on here...

I guess there are a few lunch pics on here so I'll share mine. Pretty basic, not always exciting, but 3 days done.

20160725_073807.jpg

Chicken, rice, salad. 

Salad picked in backyard with my 5 yr old helper this morning (broccoli, kale, squash, wild purslane).

Other additions (sardines, or hard boiled eggs will be added to the protein,  olive oil and lemon to salad, rice vinegar to the cold starch).

 

Fabio Genesoni

Rice with gomasio and olive oil

(Organic) chicken cooked with rice flour and beer + spices

Spinach with olive oil and colored salt

 

cibo.jpg

Julia Quigley

@Ryan Bailey, how's that chicken cooked? Looks like maybe a yellow curry? 

@Fabio Genesoni, I didn't know what gomasio is, so I looked it up and it sounds great! I think I've made something similar and dipped tea smoked eggs into it. Looking forward to buying some and trying on other items.

Ryan Bailey

Pretty basic, splash of homemade concentrated chicken broth, just slow cooker in addition with a venison loin. White Rice was cooked with chicken broth.

Fabio Genesoni

@Julia

Yes, it tastes good. I use it on basmati rice, but I think it's good on many other dishes.

Sidharth Chaturvedi

I've gotten the impression that no one here likes lurkers, so this is my hello! Rice, brocolli, and pork with a lot of red chili. 

Lunch is usually more colorful and exciting.

 

13652787_10102552669381997_1575219901_n.jpg

Luke Searra

looks great , nice food

Jan Dochnal

Today's lunch. Butternut squash with rosemarie, rice, chickenmeatballs and cucumber radiccio salad with yoghurt dressing.

DSCF2026.JPG

Luke Searra

I love the food posts as well- Keep posting guys

Julia Quigley

That looks fantastic, @Jan Dochnal! Could you share the recipe for the salad? 

Luke Searra

Looks like its recipe sharing time!

Jan Dochnal

Hey @Julia Quigley, a few days ago i bought radicchio for the first time in my life. So the salad was more of an accidental product :). But here is what i mixed together:

  • Radicchio chopped in stripes
  • Cucumber slices with shell
  • a few spoons of Greek yoghurt
  • a bit of apple vinegar
  • a few drops of balsamico
  • salt and pepper

I realy liked it and think I'm going to eat it more often. In a thuna-rice-salad radicchio seems to fit in well too.

William Trask

Tonight's Dinner prepared by my wife:

Protein: Steak
Cooked Veggie: Broccoli
Starch: Couscous + Cranberries

 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Luke Searra

Loving these delicious food posts!!!