Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This one goes to 11

Jeff Serven

Jeff Serven

If Im gonna do something I am gonna do it! If you are going to be "healthy" you have to cook. No two ways about it. What level do you take it to? Share some of your secret recipes! 

I take it to volume 11! Here is an awesome Fathers Day(my first) I had with Chef Mel Medians and his Four Seasons crew. 

Post a picture of your food too! I would like to try some new stuff (No crickets Colm). 

IMG_8195.JPG

IMG_8055.JPG

IMG_8221.JPG

• Upvote 9

Jeff Serven

My favorite is Lobster. First rule of lobsters is you have to buy them live. Must. 

Step 1: Stock - Throw in salt, onion, carrots, celery, basil and thyme. Drop those bad boys in there for about 7-10 minutes

Step 2: Drop em' into ice. Stop the cooking. Over cooked lobster is tough. 

Step 3: Digressing from the recipe pictured above - Break the lobsters apart, pull out the meat out and set to the side for later, keep the tails intact if you like. But, keep the heads!

Step 4: Throw the head in the oven and roast it until it is completely roasted. These roasted heads are going to be what sets off your meals

Step 5: Take the roster heads and make a stock. Onions, carrots, celery, thyme, no salt(important), bouquet garni.

Step 6: Now the options are limitless. You can do the hollandaise like I did above and save the stock for things like poaching fish or using as a base for a lobster linguini (agin probably not the best) or a lobster bisque which if your dairy free try using coconut milk. 

• Upvote 6

Keilani Gutierrez

im a huge fan of traditional puerto rican food. also, you are not puerto rican if you don't eat tostones made from breadfruit (pana) ^_^ sometimes there's a yellow sweet potatoe with onions (batata encebollada) and it's sooooo good to pair with biftec encebollado. damn, now i want to cook this for lunch. good thing i left some mashed pana ready to be fried into tostones ~

2016-06-23 13.22.21.jpg

• Upvote 3

Keilani Gutierrez

for breakfast or the occasional quick meal that i dont want to get too involved with, i'll do a few eggs, cut some potatoes and make them kind of like home fries but cut thinner. underneath that you can't see the italian seasoned sausage cut into pieces. man i love food.

2016-06-13 21.11.15.jpg

• Upvote 2

Julia Quigley

I've only made tostones with plantains! Tell me more about the breadfruit.

• Upvote 2

Keilani Gutierrez
54 minutes ago, Julia Quigley said:

I've only made tostones with plantains! Tell me more about the breadfruit.

slice, dice, mash and fry ~ same steps as plantain. its just absolutely delicious <3 these were topped with a chopped garlic, coconut oil dressing that was delicious. i prefer olive oil but the coconut was a new experience

Keilani Gutierrez
On June 24, 2016 at 5:41 PM, Jeff Serven said:

Kelani, set us up with an authentic Puerto Rican recipe! Good pictures, thanks

i got you fam. doing groceries during the week, ill prepare some biftec encebollado with rice and beans ^_^ can't get more puerto rican than that (but i could learn to make mofongo to level up my PRican cuisine skills...)

• Upvote 2

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.