Is standard CrossFit programming + Gymnastic Bodies Fundamentals a recipe for disaster? I am very interested in getting started with gymnastic bodies, but I don't want to risk serious injury by overtraining. I'd really appreciate any advice, experiences or recommendations that folks are willing to share.
I would likely scale the CF programming to account for the
About Me:
Background: 38 yo, male, 245 lbs, 30% body fat, fair strength, better than average mobility, 5x/week CrossFit for 3+ years, nagging achilles tendonopathy, 1 year post broken wrist (not CrossFit's fault)
Why not just stop doing CrossFit?
Our gym is the core of my family's social world. I am a much better husband and father if I get into the gym frequently and workout hard with my 'tribe'.
Why the interest?
My father was a collegiate pole vaulter. His gymnastic strength and mobility has allowed him to age quite gracefully into his 70s. At 38, I'm starting to think about the next 40 years rather than my next snatch max attempt. I am actively eating a keto diet and trying to lose about 50 lbs as a start, but I think the functional gymnastic strength would be a great extension to everything I am already doing.