Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just got surgery on my knee today

kbryk

Today I received surgery on my knee, because of a torn meniscus, surgery was fast, and so far recovery is painless, 45 minutes after I got out of surgery I was allowed to put pressure on my knee. Since I went for 2 years with a tear in my meniscus, the Dr. wasn't able to repair it but they cleared out all the damaged cartilage. Unfortunately I have to stay away from exercising for a few weeks, surprisingly the Dr. said I will be able to have full movement and everything in under 2 months and back to my normal activities; so I'm happy about that.

I thought I should post this maybe to get some questions popping if anyone has any, or if anyone has had surgery on their knee and want to post their experience; because I know mine was great, I hopped into the surgery room at 2 and was out of the hospital by 4.

George Launchbury

Hi kbryk,

Glad to hear it went well. That is going to be a looooong 2 weeks, though!! :)

cheers,

George.

Guest Free Man

kbryk, I live in Illinois too, but it takes 1-2hr drive from my place to Chicago. You live in uptown or downtown Chicago? Glad to hear you'll be able to have full movement :D

Thanks guys, and I'm still working core and lots of push ups :). And Free Man, I live in the Western Suburbs, about 20/30 minute drive to the city.

• 1 month later...
Michael Jordan

Hello, and glad to hear that your surgery went well. I also had knee surgery earlier in April. My ailment was medial synoval plica syndrome, which basically means that some cartilage in my knee was inflammed. They did an arthroscopy, and I was out of surgery within a half hour. For about the last year there had been a dull and sometimes intense pain originating on the inside of my right knee. After much physical therapy I elected to have the surgery to remove the damaged tissue. I was able to walk on it the next day, as the first day had me bed-ridden with nausea.

I'm still doing physical therapy, and hopefully I will be able to (slowly) return to things like running, jumping, and squatting within a month or so.