Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

training in ramadan

Oussama KHELLADI

Oussama KHELLADI

HI

@Coach Sommer during the holy month of ramdan we are gonna fast from sunrise(day break) until sunset and in my country its like 14 hours so i decided that i will stick to my last mastered progression and do just one série of each exercice two times a week(my workout is F7 + HS+phs two times a week + one MSS)  until the end of the month and for nutrition i though i take before the fasting start a spoon of casein so that i prevent muscle break-down and some carb loading with a spoon of whey after sunset  to replenish glycogen storage and switching the body to anabolism

any comments or tips ? 

thank you

Edited by Oussama KHELLADI
added whey

Jon Douglas

I cannot comment on the nutrition side, but that seems like a good and sensible approach to the training :) this is not a time for pbs and testing upwards!

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
Antonio Alías Montoya

Hello Oussama!

I know it s bit late, but I just found this now and I can say something it might be helpful for you for next rammadan. 

I fast everyday for some hours, not as much as in the rammadan but I do. I follow the Leangains protocol, which mean eating in a 8 hour window, it dosent matter what time you choose, but it has to be 8 countinuos hours. My preference is eating from 2 pm to 10 pm, as it s for most of the people.

Fasting is not against strenght traning at all. There are many people training totally fasted, altough I recommed to take some Bcaa s before the training or if not a whey, casein, pea, etc protein shake. I use protein shake and it works good for me. The thing is that there are many myths about fasting, like that skipping breakfast is bad and will make u fat or you won t have energy training fasted or that you will loose muscle. I m not going to explain all this in detail here, but you can check the amazing page leangains from Marting Berkhan, he really knows what he s talking about. So, as I told you it s not a problem if you fast and train hard as normally, but of course it depends on many things, as for example at what time can you train or if you are working really hard all day. I d recommend to train just before the first meal you can take, so this mean in the afternoon. If you do it in the morning and you have to wait till night to eat, you probably have to be drnking bcaas or protein shake any 2 hours, and i think this is not possible in rammadan. 

There are many studies who show how bodybuilders during Rammadan gain muscles eating all the calories just in one meal. Of course you should it quite a lot in just one or two meals and that might be hard, but ok, if you eat less then you use for cutting some fat:)

I really really recommend you to read little by little all the articles from this guy martin berkhan on his webpage, they can be of much help. 

I hope it will be helpful for next Rammadan!

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.