I have become aware through GST of a very tight left hip.
The things I know :
- My left leg is longer than my right.
- My most comfortable standing position is supporting straight right leg and left leg bent at hip and knee. Two straight legs make me uncomfortable in the left hip.
- When lying on my back I find it painful in the front of the hip to straighten my left leg.
- My left leg flares out under pressure, I noticed this when I tried deadlifting a while back, Its like I am trying to move it out of the way.
- I can comfortably get my right knee to my chest/chin. I can only get my left knee 3 hand widths away.
- Inward rotation is almost non existent, "swivel hips" barely moves beyond upright.
- I cannot touch my right elbow to my left knee.
- Tying shoelace on left foot is very uncomfortable, have to strain with my back (not good).
- Leg mobility sideways and backwards is also restricted.
- The discomfort can described as a pinching sensation.
- My left glute is weaker and physically smaller than my right glute.
I have been trying lots of hip compression, For example modified pigeon pose and squatting among others.
My hip can be quite achey after the compression exercises/poses and I get pain relief from foam rolling the front and outside of my thigh.
So it seems a little better but any progress seems very slow and am wondering if anyone has any further idea's as I feel that any improvements in mobility and GST are being held back due to this hip.